Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401
Hi Thanks for the feedback glad the advice was helpful and hopefully you have managed to take it off manual. Don't know if you can help me with a question ? But if you can it would be much appreciated. I have been trying to find out will swimming in the sea effect fit bit. ie will the salt water discloure screen or anything else.
Retired O.A.P.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Retiredoap

As long as you wipe and clean your ionic (to remove all trace of salty water) you shouldn't be worried about swimming in open sea with it.

Best Answer

Looked all over for the fix too.. thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic just got an update and those options no longer come up when I swiped right. I went to settings and didn't see the screen awake option. Where will I find it?

Best Answer

Hold down the left button on your ionic, this brings up the same menu as swiping right used to. Hope this helps 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for be. When I swiped from the clock it goes directly into apps...

No Screen Awake option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG thank you so much!! I going to send it back! That fixed the problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the new upgrade this appears to no longer work. No left to right swipe!

Best Answer

Found it. Now have to hold the left button and it will pop up.

Best Answer

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was nothing showing when I tried to swipe right. Holding down the left button it brings up the menu now. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi If you swipe the clock face from right to left and it brings up the additional apps. Try then swiping back left to right to bring up the clock face and one extra swipe. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to fix this for WEEKS!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Best Answer

Such a relief it now works.  Thank you all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Important to note that with the new upgrade you have to hold down the left button and change screen wake to auto from manual and also this is how to turn on notifications to your fit bit from your phone! I had turned off the notifications before the upgrade and then couldn't find how to turn them on again after it! Fitbit - it might be worth telling people what' moved after an upgrade!

Best Answer

One thing to note, if you have loaded a card into your wallet, you will have to hold down the left button, it will immediately raise the card into the screen for payment, however if you are trying to get the screen off manual, swipe one more time to the left while the card is showing in the screen, then you will get to the preferences screen for the screen wake issue. 

Confusing, but that is how it is set up when you have a card in your wallet.  Push the left button, the card comes up to use for payment, ignore, swipe left and then the screen wake preference comes into view for any changes that are desired, ie manual, auto, etc... Also swipe up and the notifications preferences are below the screen wake preferences in this area as well.  Hope that helps someone who was as confused as I was for a little while.

Best Answer

Thanks for this!  It was driving me crazy

Best Answer