Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

For the life of me I tried swiping right on the clock face many many times with no success to reach the Screen Awake option. Has the location of that control changed?  I cannot get my watch to turn on when I twist my wrist. I’m forced to click the left button. Thanks for any guidance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please do not send again
Best Answer
0 Votes

Disregard.  I found another thread with the answer.  Hold left button down and the setting option appears.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Punnyabrata @JackSR @Gason nice to see you here again. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for sharing your input @Punnyabrata.

@JackSR Good to see that you found the answer for this. I've updated the accepted solution for this thread to have a better visibility of the instructions on how to do so. 

@Gason if you don't want to keep getting emails about this thread, please unsubscribe by going to the upper right corner of the thread, clicking on the gear icon and choosing the option "Unsubscribe".

Unsubscribe.PNG

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I had the same problem and THIS solution solved my issue too. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi @Its502GeekGuy! You're welcome. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. 

I don't know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Get Moving and Challenge Your Environment.

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why so many are talking about the option for auto or manual screen wake - My screen wake has been in auto since I bought the Ionic over a year ago. Auto wake has worked perfectly always until today. So toggling Auto & Manual is not the solution. There is a fault for this to suddenly happen. Just trying a factory reset - this should not be required either. The auto awake should not stop working in the first place! Especially considering the very high price of the Ionic! 

Best Answer

Same problem happened to me and not aware of any fix ttill now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display of my Fitbit Ionic wouldnt turn on by  wrist movement . I even cannot swipe my screen to the right to get option to select auto awake. How can I fix my problem as i want the display on with my wrist movement .

Best Answer
0 Votes

A full reset was the only thing which worked for me. This takes a little while and shouldn't need to be done, but there's no other way

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Gregory , Let me do a full re start yo get it going . Best - rahula

---
Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Just hold the single left button for 3 seconds then u can select screen
wake hope this helps
Best Answer

Thanks so much Peter, It worked !
Best - rahula

--

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant thanks for the advice, it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That fixed mine!! It’s funny because my 19 month old granddaughter loves to play with my watch and she set it to manual. I couldn’t figure out how to reenable that feature. Thanks 👏🏽👍🏽

Best Answer
0 Votes

when I swipe left I get a screen to setup shortcuts. There’s no settings whatsoever to turn the wrist flick back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. The update wiped them out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi just hold left single button in for a few seconds then 2 options come on
screen awake and notifications change to auto
Best Answer
0 Votes
Press your left button until the watch vibrates (1-2 seconds). The screen
wake screen should show for you to turn it on. If it's not the first
screen, just swipe left or right to get to the screen. Tap to toggle back