Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401
no problem! and Thanks to all for all the great advice!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem... I always have to hit the button to see the screen...it used to just activate with the wrist turn... I don't have a setting for "screen wake"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

ahhh.. there it is! I was swipping the wrong way...Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried swiping to the right of your fitbit?? although i have found
tha depending on the type of watch face that you choose, accessing the wake
settings vary. the current clock face I have doesn't let me swipe right for
the "awake screen" settings.
Best Answer

Awesome it worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is awesome! So far so good. I haven't had that issue anymore. But spent 2 hours plus on the phone with fitbit tech because my Ionic wouldn't stay synced.  Did factory reset and it works fine. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for replying 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my issue. I am not able to swipe right from the clock face screen. I had to hold my left button for the "screen wake" settings to show up. I have tried resetting the device and shutting it down. No luck. Is my device defective? I am on 27.32.4.19 firmware version. Appreciate your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was doing the same thing (nothing when swiping right). Try holding the left button instead of just pushing it and it gave me the options i was looking for

Best Answer

@hroark wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my issue. I am not able to swipe right from the clock face screen. I had to hold my left button for the "screen wake" settings to show up. I have tried resetting the device and shutting it down. No luck. Is my device defective? I am on 27.32.4.19 firmware version. Appreciate your help.

Nothing wrong with your Ionic.  Since the OS 2 Update, that is the way it is supposed to work for the Screen Wake setting--a long push of left button..

Best Answer
Now see I forgot about that! I was wondering how to set it using some of the different watch face. Thank you!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for the reply. I am doing just that (holding the left
button till the option shows up), but can't help wondering why the right
swipe doesn't work? Is my Ionic faulty?
Best Answer
0 Votes

As I said before, your Ionic is NOT faulty.  There is no right swipe menu now with the OS 2 update.  It will be used later for Female Period Tracking. Don't worry and just your tracker.

Best Answer

With latest update, hold left button for about 1-2 seconds and you should see the option for Screen Wake. 

If you see music then swipe to the left. 

Hopefully you can find menu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed it for me! thanks

Best Answer

My ionic does not wake up when I turn my wrist.  When I swipe right, I do have settings.  But nothing about 'wake screen' anywhere.  VERY annoying to push the button everytime I want to see my heartrate during workout - or just the time!  

FOUND IT - hold the left button down - the option comes up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Fitbit ionic, you have to hold down the left button until the option pops up. There is no swipe to the right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before the update it was. That is why people are still looking for it. We all have had the Fitbit long enough to know it doesn't work that way now. People are referring to what it used to do and now doesn't,  and its causing confusion. 

Best Answer

Wh ed n I swipe right from click it does not go to settings for wrist movements 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jeez, I figured this out months ago, let it rest. Lmao

Best Answer
0 Votes