Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

Hold down the right button for a sec or so it will double buzz and then the menu screen WAKE manual/auto should appear. If not swipe to the left from the music menu.

Best Answer
That was it hold the left button down until the screen appears.  Thanks

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the "Screen Wake" option on Ionic.

Since last update, you need to hold down the left button on Ionic (it will vibrate) to access that menu screen. You will see the Music screen on the left and swiping to the right will show you the Screen Wake and Notifications. You will be able to change the Screen Wake options there by tapping on that item.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Thanks that worked.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
mine works with a swipe left... but you have to keep your eye on it the
settings get accidently changed
Best Answer

Holding down the left is button turns on Fitbit pay for me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoLtnBolt wrote:

Holding down the left is button turns on Fitbit pay for me...

Yes, and then a swipe (not sure either left or right) brings up

the "Screen Wake and Notifications" settings.

Best Answer
holding down left button to pay is only activated after you have enabled fitbit pay. other wise it only has the function of bla bla blaaaa. you know.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This no longer works with the latest update.  They have really screwed things up.  It now only does half the things that it used to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hydrad wrote:

After the latest fitbit update, swiping left to right no longer works.  I get the apps when i swipe right to left, be left to right does nothing.

That is correct and that is the way it is supposed to work.

Best Answer

No, your fitbit is working fine, fitbit just decided to change the way to access some of the settings in the latest update.  Unfortunately, they didn't feel that it was important to tell anybody.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The information on changes was shown in the Change Notes when you updated and is also available in the User Manual.

Best Answer

Ok so if its in the user manual, where is it? And how do you read a manual that did not come with it? And who has time to keep reading manual when we are supposed to have a smart watch, that is supposed to be pretty self explanatory. Who wants to pay $300 for a watch that you darn near need a training class to teach you how to use your watch every time an update happens? And what is this with not having a courtesy FYI on these types of changes, being paying customers? The next purchase I make will not be fitbit. Samsung's watch is way better than this and I had way less issues with it. 

Best Answer

Zumba46 said:"Ok so if its in the user manual, where is it?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Try page 18!

Best Answer

Note to those who have followed this thread. To correct Zumba's  misinformation, the User Manual has 87 pages, not 18. And I highly recommend it be read completely.  

Best Answer

I have had this issue with the ionic and was able to correct it by swiping right and changing manual to auto as suggested. This time, it won't allow me to swipe right. Ve turned it off and on to no avail. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A long press of the left button brings up the Screen Wake and Notifications Settings. As  mentioned above, see page 18 of the User Manual.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding the Screen Wake setting.

After you update Ionic to its latest firmware version you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

If you set up a card with Fitbit Pay you will see that option added in the same menu. So, press and hold the left button, feel the vibration, and the menu will open. At this point you will see Fitbit Pay, so please swipe left or right to get to the Music and Screen Wake options.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I set my watch to auto wake and neither the wrist wake or tapping wakes it up. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hofmich wrote:

I set my watch to auto wake and neither the wrist wake or tapping wakes it up. Suggestions?

Do a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer