Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

Page 18 Where?  And each time they do an update, do I have to read the first 17 pages to find out the change is on page 18, or further?  How smart is a smart watch that requires you to re-read a new manual every time there is an update. 

Best Answer

button.JPG

Best Answer
Thank you.

Serenity,
Faye
-----

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches,
but to reveal to him his own." ~ Benjamin Disraeli"
Best Answer

I also do not see an option for quick view. I see apps and a settings icon.  The settings does not show me this option.  Also, why does the Ionic not notify when it becomes disconnected from the phone??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great answer worked for me

Best Answer

@Hofmich Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that screen wake is not properly working for you. Did the restart helped you out with this? 

@Hydrad I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your feedback. Were you able to sort this out?

@feetfirst5 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Have you tried hold and pressing the left button down? You should feel a vibration and then the menu with the Screen Wake option will appear. Note you may need to swipe right or left to get to it. More details can be found here

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your awesome help on this thread! 

@sucbastx @Michael0660 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! I'm very glad to read that this is now sorted for you and the the suggestions found on this thread were helpful for you!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Like a lot of these things they change with updates and I experiment until I find out how it works it the new world. Or I come to this site and get to use the results of somebody else’s experimentation.

Thank you everything is now working fine though I am still puzzled as to how my screen brightness and auto wake changed when I did nothing!

Best Answer

Great to see you around @Michael0660! It's really good to hear that it's working properly now. Whenever, you're performing a firmware update, there might be some changes and the setting might return to the default one. However, you can always change the setting back to the one that you previously had just as you did. 

Don't hesitate to come back if you have any other question! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you!  I have spent 2 days trying to find access to this!  Somehow it switched to manual!  

Best Answer
Your are welcome. However switching to manual maybe something that happens when you do an update rather than some fault of your own. I to spent some days looking but this forum usually will produce an answer eventually, it seems most problems are not unique!

Michael
Best Answer
0 Votes

On newer versions of the os you need to push and hold left button to get this setting up

WayneIonic - Mac OS X, iOSRetired: Charge
Best Answer

On the clock face swiping right does not work, it does move right but will not stay or give the wake option. The wake option has disappeared from the settings menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On newer versions of the os you need to push and hold left button to get this setting up

WayneIonic - Mac OS X, iOSRetired: Charge
Best Answer
Perfect, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

On the clock face I can not swipe right to get to the auto/manual choice to have my ionic show the time? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @PeterJM. If you already have the latest firmware version of your Ionic which is 27.32.10.20. You will need to push your left button and change this setting. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

this does not work on mine! It started acting up with last update

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dtalitho I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic after the latest update.

After you update Ionic to its latest firmware version you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

If you set up a card with Fitbit Pay you will see that option added in the same menu. So, press and hold the left button, feel the vibration, and the menu will open. At this point you will see Fitbit Pay, so please swipe left or right to get to the Music and Screen Wake options.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This did help! Thanks so much!
Deb

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@Dtalitho Thanks for your reply and for trying the solution shared! I'm very glad to hear that this was helpful for you. Hopefully, it will be helpful for other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer