Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401
All is good today.  Thanks.... 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PeterJM Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to read that everything is okay now and that you are back on track.

Additionally, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

Best Answer

@Tescop I hope you're doing well! You are very welcome! I'm very glad to read that you found the Community forums helpful. Hopefully, other users experiencing the same will find this helpful too. 

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Best Answer

I just bought Fitbit Ionic and the screen wake is spotty at best. I've tried the parallel wrist and then twist and just about any other way to get a consistent screen wake to no avail. I moved my wrist, slow, medium then fast, I even shook my hand and still intermittent screen wake. Then out of the blue I just turn my hand and bingo, the watch face comes on. Is there a trick to make the screen wake work every time? 

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of 7/11/18, this setting has moved. You must hold down the left button on your ionic until the "tap to pay" option comes up. Then swipe left. Set "screen wake" to "auto".

Best Answer

Mine does not do anything when I swipe right from the screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

@swimcoach wrote:

Mine does not do anything when I swipe right from the screen

It's not supposed to.

Best Answer

I took the Ionic back and got the Adidas version. It also was having issues with the screen wake (The screen wake setting was already set to auto). So I did a bit of experiment with the screen wake to see what makes it tick. I found out, while wearing the watch on my left wrist (It doesn't seem to work if you are just holding and not wearing the watch), if I twist my wrist away from my body, so the watch is facing the floor and then twist back up to see the screen,. the screen wakes up. This works at least 95%+ of the times. It seems like, the screen wake has to reset before it wakes up properly. Other words, when I twisted my watch away from me, till it faced the floor, it reset the screen wake function. I cannot be certain, but I think this could be a cure for most instances of this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I swipe right on my ionic it's just a black screen and the clock comes right back if I don't hold my finger down...am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes
All is good.  Thanks! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

@Cjtucker215 wrote:

When I swipe right on my ionic it's just a black screen and the clock comes right back if I don't hold my finger down...am I missing something?

Did you read post # 108 above?

Best Answer

Hello everyone! I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic screen wake after the latest update.

After you update Ionic to its latest firmware version you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

If you set up a card with Fitbit Pay you will see that option added in the same menu. So, press and hold the left button, feel the vibration, and the menu will open. At this point you will see Fitbit Pay, so please swipe left or right to get to the Music and Screen Wake options.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Clock face does not swipe right.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the early firmware versions you needed to swipe right to get to the Screen Wake and Notifications settings.  That will not work anymore, at least in my version (27.32.10.20)

I discovered that in the more recent versions you need to hold the left button down for at least two seconds.  Then the settings screen pops up, which also includes a charge level indicator.   Then make any needed change, and hit the left button to get back to clock screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.  I discovered this trick last night and all is well now!Judy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Herejudynow I hope you're doing well! Thanks for confirming that this is now sorted for you. I'm glad to read that you discovered how to do this after the latest firmware update.

@KeithSanDiego Thanks for your help on this thread!

Best Answer

When I swipe right there is nothing coming up to select to take the wake feature into auto.  How can I change the option?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cowichekid Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen wake feature. 

After you update Ionic to its latest firmware version you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thanks.  I discovered this a few days ago.  However, I did have it go back to manual at least once for no reason.  Its good to know what to do when technology has a mind of its own.
Judy
Best Answer
0 Votes