Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

@Herejudynow Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to read that you discovered this and that you now know what to do in case you need to change it. 

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

My auto wake turned off. I tried numerous times to swipe right and the screen always bounced back to my watch face. After many attempts, I tried holding the left button a fraction longer and it fixed the hang up. After that, the screen could swipe right and the instructions to reset the auto wake worked.

Best Answer

Swiping right doesn’t seem to do anything on the latest update. Anyone know how to turn the watch back to auto now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Answered many times above but here it is again.  Do a long push of the left button to reach the Screen Wake setting.  If initially you get a different screen, swipe left or right as required to get the Screen Wake setting screen.

Best Answer
Hold left button for a few seconds and screen wake will appear

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Many thanks, sorry missed previous posts somehow and could only find pre latest update answers.

Kind Regards

Trev Simpson
Best Answer

I have tried to do the swipe right i cant get into it, i swipe left i get exercise, alarm etc i need help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read my post #124 above.

Best Answer
Hold down left button. Screen wake should appear. Set to auto.
Judy

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok i got it For my ionic i went into my aps and found it undermy wallet, kinda weird thankyou for trying to help me

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks!

Kind Regards

Trev Simpson
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I swipe left to right I get the apps, right to left I get nothing, it will not stay and no options for changing to auto. It is super annoying to have to push a button each time to see what time it is. Thanks if someone can help me out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

got it now I just saw the post too that said hold down the button which is not the same as swiping. But with 131 posts on this one topic hard to read them all. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic screen wake after the latest update.

After you update Ionic to its latest firmware version you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

If you set up a card with Fitbit Pay you will see that option added in the same menu. So, press and hold the left button, feel the vibration, and the menu will open. At this point you will see Fitbit Pay, so please swipe left or right to get to the Music and Screen Wake options.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I am unable to swipe right to access quick view on my Fitbit Ionic. The clock simply bounces back. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read the post just above yours.

Best Answer
Press button on left side. Screen wake option will appear

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thank you. That worked.

Best Answer
Hold the left button for a bit longer and the screen wake option will show.
Best Answer
Thankyou FitBit
Best Answer