Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

@Sharrlee @Cowichekid Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm glad to read that you found some great help on this thread regarding your inquiry and that you are back on track now. 

@Herejudynow @SunsetRunner @Backintm Thank you all for providing the help needed on this thread. Your posts are very useful for other users experiencing the same.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. The Live Mindfully Board is a great place to share and find some interesting threads about how to be your best self.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I found it under the tips icon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Onechattynurse It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread.

I'm really glad to read that you were able to find this under Tips. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users as well. 

Also, can you see the same option when you tap and hold the left button?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

When I swipe left to right. Nothing happens. It just goes right back to my clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press button on left. Wake screen will appear

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think those instructions are out dated.
Just press and hold the left button

--
*Peggy*

Best Answer
That puts it to sleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes
hold for a couple seconds until it vibrates

--
*Peggy*

Best Answer

Yep. That's it  thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm swiping the right way. The option is there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding the screen wake option.

After you update Ionic to its latest firmware version you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

If you set up a card with Fitbit Pay you will see that option added in the same menu. So, press and hold the left button, feel the vibration, and the menu will open. At this point you will see Fitbit Pay, so please swipe left or right to get to the Music and Screen Wake options.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My ionic doesn't swipe right.  Only left.  Restarted watch... Didn't work either.  Not too happy with the performance of the Ionic for the past month.  Way too many cliches.  Wouldn't but this one again.......

Want to explain how to fix the problem again? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic doesn't swipe right.  Only left.  Restarted watch... Didn't work either.  Not too happy with the performance of the Ionic for the past month.  Way too many cliches.  Wouldn't but this one again.......

Want to explain how to fix the problem again? 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

On your ionic, to turn on/off the quick view all you have to is to swipe right on the clock screen. There you should see the Screen Awake option. Make sure it is Auto (manual will only turn on the display by tapping or pressing the buttons).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press button on left side of Fitbit. Hold until new screen appears with the screen wake options.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes press and hold the left button until it beeps
I think the swipe right must be old directions
Hang in there once you learn the ins and outs it is very reliable and has
great battery life compared to others

--
*Peggy*

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am aware of how to turn this function on and off (hold the left button until it vibrates) but does anyone else have an issue with it often failing to wake, even auto is selected?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bingo!  Your explanation was spot on.... Simple and to the point.  Thank you. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold in the left button.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I swipe to right my clock screen comes back. I don't see anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes