Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401
Suggest you hold your left button until the watch vibrates. That will bring up the screen to select auto wake. No need to swipe left or right. Turn on the wake feature to auto and you should be set.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thanks a lot for your help with this, it's really appreciated! Woman Very Happy 

Hey @SunsetRunner! If you're still having troubles with this feature, I'd recommend restarting your Fitbit Ionic. Note that, you will need to tap and hold the left button. You will feel a vibration and the menu will appear in which you will find the Music settings and Screen Wake settings (just swipe left or right).

Hope this helps, let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I did have that problem. It sometimes occurs when the watch has turned toward my outer wrist from movement. Try adjusting the watch location back closer to the top of your wrist. I had successfully lost a few pounds and had to tighten the watch one notch. That largely fixed the problem although I still sometimes have to try a couple of times for the watch to wake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed this morning that my watch is not counting steps, monitoring heart rate, or turning on when I turn my wrist. I tried swiping right from the clock face but nothing happens. As far as I can tell it is syncing properly with the app and there are no updates available. What can I do to get my Fitbit back up and working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I swipe right there are no options - the clock half disappears off he right side of the screen but it won’t take me to the option page. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do not swipe right
Hold button on left until Wake screen appears

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing. 

Ive been annoyed by this all day and you solve it in a minute. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I swipe to the right--I get nothing. It doesn't allow me to swipe right and move off clock screen. When I swipe left, I get all other settings but nothing that will give me what was stated so that my watch wakes up??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Press your left button until the watch vibrates and the auto screen wake up appears. Select auto and you should be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem... when i look in the settings app on my phone it shows the settings to change the screen wake to auto.

but when i look on my phone, the settings app only shows brightness and vibrations... no option for changing screen wake...

tried restarting my watch, but didn’t help. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your post is confusing. Change this setting on your watch, not your app

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold in the left button. The menu will appear.
Best Answer

Great!

Thank you.

Best Answer

Thank you--works perfectly now!! Much appreciated. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Screen Wake/Quick View settings on your Ionic. 

I'm glad to read that most of you have had this resolved already by the help provided along this thread. I'm glad to see that you have found great help in the Fitbit Community.

For the ones still experiencing this; please do the following to sort this out:

• On your watch tap and hold the left button.
  • Feel a vibration and a menu will appear.
  • Swipe left or right to find the Screen Wake settings.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm swiping right and all I get is the clock face swinging back.....??

EDIT:  NEVER MIND.....HITTING THE LEFT BUTTON BRINGS IT UP.  The original post suggestions from a year ago didn't work but the one above did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press the left button on your watch until the watch vibrates. The auto wake will show on your screen. Turn it on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that you both were able to manage the screen settings after following @SantiR's instructionsSmiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold in the left button.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @C12, thanks for jumping in here! Were you able to manage your screen after holding the left button? 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes