Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Fitbit on one account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I currently have the iconic and recently purchased a charge 3 only to discover that the two cannot be linked to the same app/ account and sync with each other. What Fitbit can I link to my app/account that will sync with my iconic?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can only link 1 Fitbit that runs the Fitbit OS. 

This included ionic, versa, versa lite, inspire, inspire HR, and Charge 3.

You will be able to add any one or more of the other models. 

I understand Fitbit may be working on changing this. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

You can only link 1 Fitbit that runs the Fitbit OS. 

This included ionic, versa, versa lite, inspire, inspire HR, and Charge 3.

You will be able to add any one or more of the other models. 

I understand Fitbit may be working on changing this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Note that you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to one account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, and Fitbit Versa series, only connect one of these devices to your account at a time.

This statement is buried at the bottom of the Fitbit FAQ are they don't share it unless you ask.

I have the same issue with connecting a Ionic and Charge 3 on my account. Fitbit has been aware of this issue for OVER 2 YEARS now and done nothing except start a survey which hasn't gone anywhere either.

Best Answer

As you have pointed out, this is not a simple change, but a major rewrote I the Fitbit server. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Ionic and added a Charge 2 that I use primarily for sleep tracking.  Both of the trackers are recognized by the Fitbit app. Step count synchs for both of them and updates on each watch.  Likewise my sleep data collected on the Charge appears on the Ionic. However I  don't get any notifications on the Charge, just the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This only applies to the Charge 3, Versa, Ionic and Inspire. The Charge 3 has features the Charge 2 dies not have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct @AJOIII the Charge 2 does not use the app store. 

@TomDuke when it comes to the sleep and exercise data, the ionic gets this from the Fitbit app, the Fitbit app gets it from the Fitbit server. The Fitbit server doesn't care which device recorded the sleep. 

As for notifications, we noticed that on Android only 1 device out of 2 receive them and there is no way to tell the app which device the user wants them to be sent to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks as though my two Fitbit devices, an old Charge 2 and a newly acquired Versa, can sync with one Fitbit Android app account. Correct?

Appreciate any feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct @ingowilson if things haven't changed, your Charge 2 might be removed when setting up the Versa. 

Continue setting up the Versa then setup the Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Rich. Will confirm success, or otherwise, in due course.Ingo

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes