Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open and read text messages on my Fitbit Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I receive emails and I can open and read it.  I receive text messages but I can not open and read them. Any ideas how to get this to work?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ehrlichrk Welcome! It's great to see you around. 

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I'd like to confirm if you are able to see the name or number of the sender and the message? If you are able to only see "New message", I recommend checking if the following is enable on your phone: 

• Open the Messages app on your phone, then go to "Settings" (the 3 little dots at the top left corner), then "Notifications", then "In-app notification settings", then enable "Preview new messages".

If the above wasn't enable, try enabling now and then test it to see if the notification can be open the way it's expected.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Ehrlichrk Welcome! It's great to see you around. 

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I'd like to confirm if you are able to see the name or number of the sender and the message? If you are able to only see "New message", I recommend checking if the following is enable on your phone: 

• Open the Messages app on your phone, then go to "Settings" (the 3 little dots at the top left corner), then "Notifications", then "In-app notification settings", then enable "Preview new messages".

If the above wasn't enable, try enabling now and then test it to see if the notification can be open the way it's expected.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked perfectly. Thanks

Best Answer

@Ehrlichrk Thanks for your response. 

It's great to hear that the instructions provided help you out to resolve the issue.  I appreciate all your efforts to fix the difficulties experienced.

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes