Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update firmware version of replacement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received a replacement for a brick. Went to set it up. Says it requires an update before I can use it. WiFi update doesn’t work so I tried the Bluetooth update. 

The App slowly shows the update uploading all the way through. The Ionic shows the green check (connected), then goes to the black and white logo screen, but never the blue filling up the screen.  The update never executes on the Ionic and I still can’t use. 

I have disconnected and reconnected. I have restarted both my phone and reset the Ionic. I even downloaded the latest software update for my phone. 

Nothing. Everything is fully charged, plugged in, near the modem/router, etc. 

Thank you, Fitbit, for stepping up and replacing my out of warranty brick. I’d really like to be able to use the replacement. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @IchWeissNicht, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting is really appreciated, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to learn more about how to update the firmware version of your Fitbit device with the information that's specified on this help article. Then, please move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.   

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried:

Removing and reinstalling the Fitbit App

Restarting my phone

Restarting bluetooth on my phone while my Fitbit was powered down and unlinked from my account

Tried WiFi

Tried Bluetooth

Doesn't seem to be an option on Fitbit Connect through my iMac, or I would have tried that too

Bluetooth at least (very slowly) updates on the App to 100%, but nothing happens on my Ionic.  Just the gray pulsating logo.  No blue bar at all, which is what I was used to seeing on updates.  I have an iPhone 7 with the most recent OS downloaded and installed (which was another thing I tried -OS 13.3).

I'm beginning to think it's a conspiracy by Apple to brick Fitbit Devices through Apples operating system and make sure updates don't work so they can sell more of the iWatch.  But that's giving Fitbit the benefit of the doubt, that they aren't completely incompetent.  

Best Answer
0 Votes