Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode support for notifications and messages in Fitbit Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

there is a 2-years old thread about Unicode support for notifications and messages in Fitbit Charge 2. Obviously nobody from Fitbit bothered to reply, not to mention about making this feature.

Before many other people like me will pay their own money for Fitbit's R&D and beta testing it will be good to know, does Fitbit Ionic support Unicode in notifications and messages?

Charge 4 and Galaxy A70
Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Indeed I won't consider another round with fitbit products, especially a smartwatch, w/o proper support for more languages. This has been long requested - and ignored.

Best Answer

Yep. And for the price tag of Fitbit Ionic there are a lot of alternatives available (e.g. with Android Wear, where everything is Ok in respect to Unicode/other languages)

Charge 4 and Galaxy A70
Best Answer

+++ DOES IT???

Best Answer

Would be good to hear something from good folks at Fitbit and not a canned reply. Does Ionic notifications support non-Latin based characters?

Or is the situation the same as with Charge 2 and Blaze that to this day can't deal with Russian, Greek, Hebrew just to name a few languages...

Best Answer

????? ????? ?????

Best Answer

We are still waiting for an answer...

Best Answer

Ionic does not have full emoji support, and no GIFs or MMS: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/MMS-text-message-pictures/m-p/2190357

and

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/reply-to-txt-msgs/m-p/2163140/highlight/true#M18

Also reported that it only displays notification, you can't dismiss on Fitbit and have it also clear on phone.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I completely agree!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope that someone will check this out - looking forward to get one for myself

Best Answer

Please also add support for different regions - not all languages are created equal.

For example: be able to select Latin American or EU Spanish, Canadian or EU French, German or Austrian or Swiss German, Belgian or Netherlands Dutch (when Fitbit actually bothers to add support for the Dutch language... come on, guys, it's a latin script language with very few special characters!!). 

This also needs to be implemented retroactively, since even in earlier Fitbit models with only the date, there are significant linguistic differences (e.g. German-German "Januar" vs. Austrian-German "Jänner")

Come on, Fitbit. It's no good to have a feature suggestion board, when you ignore everything your customers say.

Best Answer

Finally Fitbit's moderator did appear in that 2.5-year old thread and closed the thread with a status 'Not currently planned':

"Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. There aren't currently plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes."

For me it is a clear sign that new devices like Fitbit Ionic will not have unicode support in messages and notifications. So Fitbit devices are vanished for me as my next purchases. Bye, Fitbit...

Charge 4 and Galaxy A70
Best Answer

same here. no point moving forward with new fitbit products I can't really enjoy to full.

Best Answer

Hi, Fitbit Team! Pls add UNICODE support! It's will be very important for users from many regions (CE Europe, CIS countries, Israel, etc.)!

Best Answer

Does Fitbit Ionic support Unicode in notifications and messages?

NO (((

Please upvote here

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Cyrillic-Characters-for-Fitbit-Trackers/idi-p/91...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys!Solution found!!!! 

There is an app in Google play. It resends and could translit all notification into Latin 🙂

I tried on my ionin everything works just great!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abhijitvalluri.android.fitnotifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I confirm that up to now, no support for Unicode in Ionic.

😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
:((

Get Outlook for Android
Charge 4 and Galaxy A70
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn't support unicode, yes! 

But you could translit all your notifications from the phone into latin symols! 

Thus , all your messages could be read now on your Fitbit watch! ,;)

Best Answer
0 Votes

poor man's workaround 😞

Does it mean that all notifications will be translated in to Latin in a phone itself? If so, I would not use that application.

What I don't understand - how it is possible that in a 2nd decade of 21st century, when ALL other competitors do have Unicode support (many of them - already for years), the latest flagship of FitBit still sits in ASCII...

Charge 4 and Galaxy A70
Best Answer
0 Votes