Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Ionic with your Phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my watch wont let me in. It keeps saying "unlock with your phone" on the screen when I tap screen.

Ive tried resetting and turning it on and off.

When I go to tap on device lock it says change pin but when I press on change then it says its block  and another screen comes up with device authentication failed.

I'm losing patience.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

My ionic is locked, and as per the suggestion, i tried removing the ionic from the account. Now fit bit app is not letting me add back  or unlock the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The following hard factory reset steps shared by Fitbit support helped me:

To get back on track, please try a factory reset as follows and then continue with the usual setup:

-On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
-When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
-When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
-Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays https://t.co/LnwUrPtILe.
-When the watch successfully resets, continue with the setup and reinstall all the apps and payment information.

Best Answer

Hello @Faheem and @abfcj, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Communtiy, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Travbs@Mahalkita and @william.sung86, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank those of you who have come back and let us know that a Factory Reset helped you resolve this issue. @Travbs, thanks for listing the steps to perform it. @abfcj, please follow the steps described by @Travbs and let us know the outcome. 

Thanks again for your participation, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@Travbs@MarcoGFitbit@@Faheem

The Factory reset resolved the issue. Have to be careful  about the moment to releaae the bottom right button.

Best Answer

@abfcj Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps provided on this thread. I'm glad this worked for you and that you are now back on track. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Incorrect passcode entered incorrectly and now I’m locked out, I’ve tried factory reset, dosent work, tried to delete the app and device off Fitbit app, now I just keep getting “unlock with your phone” 

please help this is very frustrating 

cant seem to do anything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mandy861, it's good to see you visiting the Community forums for the first time. I'm sorry to see you've been having trouble with the message "unlock with your phone". 

I noticed that you mentioned having tried a factory reset and deleting the app. Could you please confirm if you've also followed the steps mentioned here earlier? 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

yes I've tried all of this, now it wont turn on at all, and no green light on the back. I phoned the store I brought if from and ill be returning it today. I've had it for 6 days and its playing up already. Not a good start
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I will return today

I’ve since seen all the comments about the errors, such ashame

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

nope I had this "unlock with phone" message and followed the instructions to reset to factory 

but since the ionic is locked, I cannot get in to look use the 4 digit pin the app says to use to reset or unlock.

so removed the ionic from the app.  now I have no way of adding it back as I am stuck on the procedure above

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good idea.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes that’s what ive since done :white_heavy_check_mark:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, so please Fitbit Support, answer one question:

- If Fitbit Ionic is not paired to any device, how do I unlock it with phone (I need to see the 4 digit pairing code, but Ionic wont allow me, only showing "Unlock with phone" message). 

Best Answer

Hello @andyblatt, thank you for sharing this information about the difficulty you've experienced with the device being locked. 

To answer your question, if your watch has been unpaired from the account and you're getting the "Device locked" message, this would need to be handled by the Customer Support team.  

I've gone ahead and sent your information to Support for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

So as per usual Fitpoo no help
You tell him to contact someone who you see he has already contacted
Ionic have a major fault and Fitpoo are no help and not fixing it

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 02SunsetRunner0,

That's what I wrote to Fitbit Support. This is clearly a bug in the programming. They did not think about this specific situation. As I find out from my friend, who is an Ionic owner, if you enter a wrong 4 digit code at pairing, the tracker gives you another code. So it is not an option to try all the 10 000 different codes starting with 0000 all the way to 9999. 

The only solution I can see is that Fitbit manually re-add my Ionic to my paired devices in my account. 

There isn't a big chance of that, however I hope they proove they care about the customers even after they purchased one of their product. 

I have tried another option: to drain the battery completely and see if the lock is still on when I turn the tracker on again. Unfortunately it did not work. If the support will not give me an answer, I will dissassembly the tracker and disconnect the battery. Fortunately I've already done the dissassembly in the past, so I have experience in it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amen! The screen remains locked. I have tried every hard and soft reset....notta. And zero help from support. Thank GOD I have my Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately nothing. The support asks for the purchase time and store and
wants to send a replacement, but I don't need a replacement, I need this
bug fixed. In many cases the warranty expires or if you bought it from
someone or you dont know the details of purchase Fitbit will not help you.
They want you to buy another watch. Also I should send it back to them. On
my cost. I am wondering what they do with the stuff sent back to them. Most
probably goes to the landfill. Simply not sustainable.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hitting the watch with the hammer is not the solution.  Do not lose hope.  That's what I did. I called the fitbit hotline at 1-877-623-4997.  Trust me They were able to reset my watch.  It just takes a lot of patience.  My watch says "unlock with phone"  but the rep (I was calling her from the Caribbean, prolly where their call center is based at) and she helped with with troubleshooting eventually resetting it like the first day I bought the watch.  Don't give up there's still hope.  My fitbit ionic now is working.  Just call the number. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

just call this number.  1-877-623-4997.  They really helped.  Hammer is not the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes