Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive device after firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just firmware updated my ionic on 03/05/20. Now my ionic won't turn or charge etc. I tried all the troubleshooting ie. hold buttons down. Anyway I loved my ionic it was about 2 years old, but still it worked. To bad a firmware update had to kill it. Could this be planned obsolescence.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Yikester, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Our Customer Support team informed me that they already provided you assistance with your Ionic device, therefore, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Also, for a better understanding of the information they provided to you, please check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did talk to support last night and they tried to help me. But my ionic is truly dead. I did get a 25% off coupon towards a new fitbit, and I thank you for that. It's just frustrating that the firmware update is what killed my fitbit. It worked perfectly before this. I know it isn't you fault, but it sure seems like fitbit should figure something out, as I'm not the only one with this problem. Thanks you for your concern.
Best Answer
0 Votes