Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating firmware for the 1st time; screenshot normal?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just picked up the Ionic this morning - seems I'm not allowed to do anything until its firmware is updated.  So went through all the hoops and tearing hair out (created a few new choice 4 letter words) and something possibly appears to be happening about 30 minutes later..... see image below; the Ionic is in a stand.  Seems there is a blue bar on the left hand side.. VERY VERY SLOWLY creeping across the screen from left to right..... is this an indication the firmware is being updated?  I'm assuming when it's finished I'll be able to get past the go to fitbit.com/setup in 25 languages?  BTW firmware level out of the box was 27.20.16.22.Bar on left seems to getting biggerBar on left seems to getting bigger

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Normal for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. It may help if you enable wifi though if you are lucky enough and the wifi connection will work throughout entire update process (never managed to update Ionic via wifi). Otherwise, it just takes ages. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Normal for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. It may help if you enable wifi though if you are lucky enough and the wifi connection will work throughout entire update process (never managed to update Ionic via wifi). Otherwise, it just takes ages. 

Best Answer