Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration Alarm

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does the vibration alarm strength on the "Ionic" compare to the vibration strength on the older "Charge HR"? I currently own the Charge HR and I rely on the alarm feature and it's great. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Ionic, just wondering how the alarm compares. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

It's been so long since I've used the charge hr, so I'm no help in comparing.  But the ionic has a normal and stong option for vibration strength.  I feel like the strong is pretty strong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup Ionic has normal and strong it's just a pity we can't change the duration.

Best Answer
If it's as powerful as the Charge HR I currently have, a longer duration wouldn't be necessary. If it's a weaker vibration, then longer would be better.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bainkel wrote:
If it's as powerful as the Charge HR I currently have, a longer duration wouldn't be necessary. If it's a weaker vibration, then longer would be better.

Sure you can represent your opinion, but your opinion is not mine. Both strength and duration  parameters are absolutely necessary. Everybody is different and that should be catered for. If they don't need to change the parameters then lucky them!

I need strong and long. Perhaps it could even send an electric shock 😉

Best Answer
Yes you are definitely correct! I was just stating my personal experience with my Charge HR. I'm still wondering if the Ionic is as strong as the Charge HR. I would love to hear a comparison from someone who has (or had recently) both. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer

I had a Charge HR very pleased with vibrations fantastic. Band fell apart. Bought Charge 2. Very very faint vibration. Not happy took back. Yesterday bought Ionic yes I know there are two settings mine is on Strong and I can’t feel it. Getting very unhappy wit FITBIT

Best Answer

I use the vibrating notifications for my Fitbit regularly and am currently searching for an alternative “smart watch” that combines a decent battery with a strong vibration so I can use it for sleep.

I’ve heard mixed reviews about the vibrating alarm on various Fitbit products after the Charge-HR.  Some people claim the Ionic is close enough when set on strong.

As much as I hate to suggest it, would it be a good idea to “stock up” on extra Charge HRs? There are still a fair number available (through third parties). It might even be possible to get a square-trade warranty on them.

Currently, I’m wearing my third Ch-HR. My first is toast, but I stopped using my second one before it was beyond the simple repair.

My current plan is to grab a few Ch-HR while I still can (on the cheap) and hope a decent replacement comes along before they die as well.

While I like certain aspects of Fitbit tracking, I’m perfectly happy switching to another brand if that makes the most sense for my needs.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, well I’m going to chip in on this now, mainly because I’ve just slept through the alarm two days running now.

The vibration has has definitely been nerfed and I cannot feel any difference between the strong and normal settings. It used to wake me but one of the recent updates has taken away the vibration strength and now it’s of no use at all. Thinking about it, I hardly notice notifications anymore either.

So please Fitbit, increase the vibration intensity.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

OK, well I’m going to chip in on this now, mainly because I’ve just slept through the alarm two days running now.

The vibration has has definitely been nerfed and I cannot feel any difference between the strong and normal settings. It used to wake me but one of the recent updates has taken away the vibration strength and now it’s of no use at all. Thinking about it, I hardly notice notifications anymore either.

So please Fitbit, increase the vibration intensity.

Yup we need control of the duration of the vibration. Control over vibration patterns would be good as it was well.

Best Answer

What makes me laugh, when I reach a certain number of steps the thing vibrates and it displays fireworks, it def gets my attention!! When I really don't need it (will turn it off).

Then then alarm and notifications.. meh..

Best Answer

Just upgraded from the Charge HR to the Ionic.  The vibration from my Charge HR was great.  Used it daily to wake up in the morning.  Unfortunately, the vibration from the Ionic is barely felt.  Changing from Normal to Strong makes no difference.  I called customer service, and they told me this is the way the Ionic works.  Doesn't make sense to me so I will be returning it.

Best Answer

This was one of the key features that I was hoping to use with a smartwatch.   After one night, the silent alarm of the Ionic failed to wake me with the vibration intensity set to "Strong".  Back it goes....

Best Answer

I had the surge for 2 years till it died. The vibration alarm woke me without fail, constant pulse.

dont get me wrong love the ionic but if I had to pick on one thing the vibration alarm even in strong has failed to wake me three times in a week since using it. Not happy as I was late for work 😞

surly something easily fixed with an update Fitbit. Please....

Best Answer

Just moved from the Charge2 to the Ionic last week.  The Charge 2 alarm had a good vibration which worked well. The Ionic alarm NEVER vibrates at all...went to the trouble page and did the Stopwatch test...it started but did not vibrate.  Vibtation setting is for "strong" but never vibrates. Just sent an email to Support, so will see what they say. 

Right now, it looks like my new Ionic shipped with a dead vibration motor, so most like will be going back for an exchange. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like others have said the duration of the vibrating alarm needs to be longer. 

Fitbit devs please incorporate that into the next firmware or app update.

Thanks

Best Answer

My problem is there is Zero vibration. None. At all. Ever. It is as though they forgot to include the vibration motor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't feel my notifications at all, unless I hear my phone go off and then focus on my watch, very disappointed in this. My original charge hr was awesome 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return it if you still could.

Fitbit is not going to fix the vibration related issue.  It was reported and discussed on the forum for years and no action was done.

And now, they simple locked the thread related to vibration related issue which contained 2 years of feedback and users' frustration.

Thread : Charge 2 Vibration Strength

Best Answer

Never had a problem with the Charge 2 vibration...handed that down to a family member when I bought the Ionic. It's weird...after one update the vibrarion work for awhile, then it stopped working again (I think after another update). So it seems to be a software issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes