Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

@Redbyname It took about half an hour for me to receive the email after registering etc. It then had a link to register again for the discount, I then received the email with the discount code immediately. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

30 minutes after registering for the refund, I followed the link in that email for the discount code and it emailed it to me immediately. Haven't tried it in the online store yet until I decided what to get. (I am in the US)

Best Answer

Hmm, I have had two of these die on me, still got them connected to my account but when I include my email address in the return form it says "Email Confirmation Failed" 😕

Best Answer

@Redbyname Just a couple of minutes after completing the recall process. 

Best Answer

Ah - arrived now.

If I had a working fitbit it could tell me what my heart rate was doing when I was thinking the system wasn't working!

Best Answer

I got the email about the discount code immediately after registering for that. However the code was not in the email. It has the link to the place where you enter the discount code and mention that it is only valid for one use. But the code itself is nowhere to be found for me. 

Best Answer

Hi everybody, 

Thanks for your question about the Ionic recall. We’re offering the discount off a range of products that offer similar features to Ionic, along with our latest improvements and new features.

To learn more about the Ionic recall and how to get your refund, visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic, where you’ll find:

* Answers to common questions

* Information on how to receive a refund 

* Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time. 

Your safety is always our top priority, and we are taking this action out of an abundance of caution.

Thank you for your continued support and being a member of the Fitbit family.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email from "Fitbit" which contained a link described as "Click here for Fitbit Discount". That took me back to the screen where we'd started the registration process. I put in my 16-digit number and then I received another email (from "Fitbit Support") that had the code in it.

Best Answer

When filling the account verification form an error pops up saying: "Something went wrong. Refresh and Try again". Did anyone have the same problem?

Best Answer

I've just spent quite some time with someone from Fitbit on chat. None of my questions were answered. 

In the discount email we are given two codes as follows: 

This code only works once. You must purchase all devices, accessories, and services in the same transaction. To take advantage of this offer, visit our store page and select the store for your country.

Enter your access code to enter the store: xxxxxxx
At checkout, enter your shipping code in the Promo code box: xxxxxxx

As a reminder, your codes expires after 90days.

Question 1) Can we enter the store more than once with the 'access code' as I'd like to browse what's on offer but I'm not ready to purchase right now? 

Question 2) How much will the refund be for me here in the UK? 

Question 3) As my 1st question couldn't be answered can you tell me if the Fitbit Sense is part of the 40% off? 

The person in the chat was really nice but none of my questions were answered with any clarity or at all. 

Best Answer

I have tried multiple times to fill in the refund form but it keeps crashing. 

Best Answer

Fitbit Ionic Recall page keeps hanging when I select my country. Gears grind, but the register button does not become available. I tried calling the international number and nobody answered. any other way to request my refund?

Best Answer

I assume the following is the e-mail that should have the code. However there is none (or I am blind). 

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

Same for me. Twice I allowed me to Click "Register" but then when I fill all the fields in the form and click "Next" it just processes. I closed the tab after half hour...

OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 10.3.9, Fitbit Ionic 27.72.1.0, Fitbit App 3.40.1
Best Answer

@birdman5589 You are not imagining things, it is missing from your email. I'm attaching a screengrab of what it should look like. 

Screenshot 2022-03-02 185438.png

Best Answer

@TammyLynn_17  Thanks for confirming that I am not loosing my mind! 

Best Answer

@TammyLynn_17 wrote:

I've just spent quite some time with someone from Fitbit on chat. None of my questions were answered. 

In the discount email we are given two codes as follows: 

This code only works once. You must purchase all devices, accessories, and services in the same transaction. To take advantage of this offer, visit our store page and select the store for your country.

Enter your access code to enter the store: xxxxxxx
At checkout, enter your shipping code in the Promo code box: xxxxxxx

As a reminder, your codes expires after 90days.

Question 1) Can we enter the store more than once with the 'access code' as I'd like to browse what's on offer but I'm not ready to purchase right now? 

Question 2) How much will the refund be for me here in the UK? 

Question 3) As my 1st question couldn't be answered can you tell me if the Fitbit Sense is part of the 40% off? 

The person in the chat was really nice but none of my questions were answered with any clarity or at all. 

It's a shame they couldn't help you.  I was really after the answers to those questions too, as I'm sure many others are.

Best Answer

No they say 3-6 weeks AFTER they receive your fitbit

Best Answer

@DM58 wrote:

No they say 3-6 weeks AFTER they receive your fitbit

Is that the US only though?  I haven't got my e-mail yet with a code or even confirmation my process worked.  So far in the UK there's nothing I've been shown which means we have to return the Iconic (which my wife demanded I took off and stopped using because she saw photos of someone with burns from it).

Best Answer

Anyone else having issues just submitting the request for return kit through their Intake? I followed the link, input my information, and it's been spinning for over 10 minutes already!

Best Answer