Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

Me too I’m on phone to them now I’ve been on hold for 15 mins

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 🙂 I had this issue using my mobile but on my computer desktop it worked.

Best Answer

My Ionics stopped charging some time ago. Just got hot and screen flickered before they died. Can’t register the replacement device to claim. Have already confirmed online the device was connected to my account. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Tammy.  Did you get the email through with the discount code ok?  I did everything this morning around 9.15 and still haven't received anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had the same problem (did step 1 yesterday morning and this morning it still wasn't working). I phoned and they told me to do step 1 again and then type in the reference instead of copy pasting and it worked just under half an hour after...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done everything I need to do regarding the recall.  Verified, registered etc etc but I still don't have an email with the discount on.  I read people were getting these roughly 30 minutes later.  Anyone else having the same issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have received an email about fitbit ionic watches, i tried online chat but its no good, in the future dont make claims that you cant fulfill fitbit, what am i to do with my ionic? is it dangerous? waiting for your reply ASAP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes same experience

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im stuck on step 2 with a slightly different error message: Reference Code not found.

Best Answer

I don't know why, but after doing all 3 steps of Account Verification process, and getting my Ionic blocked (not syncing after that recall procedure) i didn't get any mail from Fitbit. What should i do next? Did i just lost my watch for nothing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im stuck on step 2 with a slightly different error message: Reference Code not found.

Any advise other then "try again later"?

Best Answer

@Donkeychops  Yes, I got mine OK. I got in there early before all heck broke loose I think. Here are some screen grabs of what I got and how I got it. 
Screenshot 2022-03-04 120700.png

-------------

Screenshot 2022-03-02 185438.png

Best Answer

Hello! Can somebody help me ? It's been already an hour since I successfully verified my account during the recall process. My firbit device got also removed from app but I haven't received any email with code or confirmation. How much longer should I wait?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i've finished the 1st step, verified my account, but no other email received after that. 

Also, i haven't fount any information on how i should ship back the fit bit..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an ionic which I bought 2nd hand am I enitiled to participate in the refund

Best Answer
0 Votes

@durjomsok 

Same for me, no mail, no confirmation. and if you are trying to sync to your Ionic, do you get a message that this watch is blocked?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!! My friend managed with no issue. I just get the message and no  one on the twitter messaging service to help. My ionic is paired on the app but when I checked the fitbit.com website it says I have no device paired (weird as all my exercises are showing on the dashboard). How do you pair it on the website? Could it be the cause? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great.  Hope you get a lovely new one....  Nothing here.  Maybe it's the UK which is different.  Unsure.  I got the original email, registered for a refund then verified my account and that's as far as it's gone so far.  Like you say.  Potentially mahem.  No smart watch though....  aggggh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Tammy, how long did it take for your emails to come through once you registered your device for recall?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im getting the same error “reference code not found” hope someone can help us find a work around. I’ve been trying for almost 3 hours.

Best Answer