Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

No, actually I don't see it anymore 

Best Answer

i haven`t tried to sync the ionic to be honesc, i`m using the old HR for now. But since they deactivate the device i m pretty sure you can`t sync it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the registration for both my Ionics, received no email or anything.

Best Answer

I completed the verification etc then got this email. Looks like it's missing loads of info or a scam. Anyone else got this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just filled in the form and it says I "Your account doesn't have an impacted device associated with it" however I do have an Ionic which I use every day and is synched with Fitbit app - so is it only certain models that are being recalled?

Best Answer

@Will_7 It was only a few minutes for me, but I think I got in just before the rush. As I understand it they are quite overwhelmed now. Good Luck! 

Best Answer

yep UK , 1 1/2 hous since verifying nothing recieved yet , Ionic removed from App already

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same problem. In my Profile, but it is giving only USA and not allowing to change!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20220304-112030~2.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was waiting for a response from the live chat for over an hour someone will be with you shortly then next thing chat has ended came up not happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Live chat doesnt work. Not reply on Twitter so I called up. 30 mins on hold and the agent has 'refreshed the code' and to try again in a few hours, or tomorrow.

Now the site says I do not have an 'impacted device'!!!!!

Best Answer

@durjomsok See my reply above with screengrabs of my emails. There is a link in the verification email that you have to click and follow to get your discount codes. Good Luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another UK customer here in the same boat as everyone else. Gone through the process (with no confirmation of the actual amount I am going to be refunded), watch removed from profile but not emails to confirm that or anything about the promised 40% discount. Want to order replacement ASAP so not without a watch for too long, but nothing is happenening. It's all a bit of a farce.

Best Answer

@Sfinge23 See my reply above with screengrabs of my emails. There is a link in the verification email that you have to click and follow to get your discount codes. 

As for shipping back your fitbit Ionic, that depends on the country you are in. I understand those in the UK are to return them. For us here in the UK we agree to dispose of them. No posting back. Good Luck! 

Best Answer

I've not had the discount code, chat gets no reply and so far nobody has read my twitter DM

Best Answer

Hi,  After receiving the reference number and following the steps below, my device was desynchronized, but I have not received any response email, neither for discount nor ok for return, what should I do?

Best Answer

I verified but got this email, no discount links. Also lots of typos and words missing. Wondering if a scam email or half sent through

Screenshot_20220304-112030~2.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VickyM22 Read replies above. Not a scam. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've read that any Ionic will be offered $299 which equates roughly to £225 currently.  Plus you will get the 40% off at the store as well.   They are not asking for receipts of purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

Just received the email about the recall... so....

My fitbit ionic stopped working on September 2021, after it overheated!

So, even though I just registered for the recall, the next step is to sync my device. But, how could I sync the device if it stopped working because of the problem that caused the recall??

At the time, I just thought my fitbit was old, because I bought it on August 2017, so I just said "thanks for your service" and bought a new one (fitbit charge 4). 

However, since I just found out the heating problem was not due to the oldness of my fitbit ionic, I think I deserve the refound!

I'm trying to contact fitbit, but I live in Brazil and there is no contact number for people who lives here. I need help!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer