Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

Keep at it. After several attempts including restarting the registration for a new code it worked.

I got a 40% discount code and was advised the refund will take 3-6 weeks.

The discount code is valid for 90 days. Rather that wait for the refund, I ordered the new Fitbit Sense with the discount for a great price 

Best of luck everyone. Plenty of patience is required for this one

Dean

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been waiting 4 days so far (located in Canada). I've used the chat and called customer service twice and they've told me to keep waiting...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to hear from a Fitbit team member.  On Friday 4th March I registered my Fitbit Ionic for a refund (via PayPal), via the the email I received.  So the watch is now unsynced as a result.  But I have not received any confirmation email telling me this is now in process, nor a timescale.  I called Fitbit support and was told to go through the process again, which I thought was bad advice, it was, because my watch had already unsynced from the previous process, it would not be recognised.

I would like to know when I will receive my refund and discount code, without any confirmation email, I have no idea if my requests have even been logged.  I would love to hear from you.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well done. Let's see what happens👍

----------------

Exactly....
Then contact support
No chat.. nothing 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know thank you. Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, the same for me. I have a code, received on 02.03. when I enter the code even manually, I am getting "reference code cant be found." Had chat with agents 2 times - their advise was "try again later". Now even  I'm not able to register again for a code, when i visit Home | Fitbit (expertinquiry.com) and choose a county, gears icon is showing and I cannot proceed. 

I was really happy with Fitbit - we have Ionic, Scale, Luxe, I had a plan to buy two Ace 3, but not anymore.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. What to do when the ”Reference code not found” comes up after over 24h? How to contact support when not using twitter? 

Best Answer
Hi Alex_rouge

Very strange, the link is valid.

recall. Hopefully the link will work. If not a Fitbit admin should help
with this.

Regards, PaulAvo
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very annoying
I don't blame you
Even when(if) the refunds and special discount comes through I bet they won't have the product to deliver
Big payday for Apple

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

alex_rouge,

Try this link  https://www.fitbitionic.expertinquiry.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dean. My code worked today but didn't work yesterday but I haven't seen anything about the 40% discount other people have mentioned. I'm based in the UK.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Djas. Did you get your discount code straight away? I haven't had anything yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange, i've registered last saturday and the reference code was not found. 
Now 2 days later, it is still not found. Is there a solution to this. I've tried copy paste, manual typing. 

Best Answer
Mine worked 3 days later.
I eventually had 4 sets of numbers, I registered when nothing happened on
others.
Can't remember which one I used but I didn't work at all today and another
just worked straight away.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

We understand your concern about the Ionic recall.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic where you’ll find:

* Answers to common questions
* Information on how to receive a refund
* Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.

If you have questions about the status of your refund, visit help.fitbit.com/ionic to find out how to contact us in your region.

If you're getting the message "Reference code not found" follow these steps:

1. Make sure you entered your code correctly (no periods or space at the end of the code). 
  2. If it still doesn't work, try again later today. The registration needs time to complete processing in our systems.
  3. If you don’t have your reference code, contact the refund center

The discount is only available in regions where you can purchase products directly from the fitbit.com store. The best way to purchase a replacement device is to use the refund at your local Fitbit retailer. You can explore a range of Fitbit trackers and smartwatches and choose from the various options available.

Thank you for your continued support and being a member of the Fitbit family.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm based in the UK where I understand there is a FitBit store. I have completed the recall process based on there being a 40% discount but I've not heard anything. The live chat on the website goes unanswered and so far I haven't had a reply through your social media channels. Why are some people getting the discount in the UK and others aren't?

Best Answer

I have the same issue, after 2 days trying I have the same message "reference code not found"

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Dead screen = impossible to synk ionic to Fitbit app.

Best Answer
I got the reference number straight away, the store code and promo code toom about 3 days and currently the promo code doesn't work

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer

Hi @YojanaFitbit 

Thanks for your post. I'm not sure if you work for Fitbit... if you read through the messages you will see that a lot of people (including me) are frustrated with the issues seen after receiving the email with the subject "Fitbit Ionic Recall - Step 1 Complete – Reference XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". 

In this email, there is a link that says "Verify Account", and when you click on this it takes you to an Account Verification page where you have to enter the Reference code. Many, many people are complaining that 2, 3 or 5 days after receiving the Reference Code, they are entering it and still receiving a message saying "Reference Code not found. Please allow 30 minutes after registration on our registration website for our Reference code to work in our system."

If Fitbit is aware that there is an issue, then this should be updated to say something else, such as "Please allow up to 5 days after registration on our registration website for our Reference code to work in our system."

I'd guess that a lot of people are trying to register multiple times when they receive the above error message... which is probably making the problem worse. 

However, your advice to

1. Make sure you entered your code correctly (no periods or space at the end of the code). 
  2. If it still doesn't work, try again later today. The registration needs time to complete processing in our systems.

is not very helpful. I have been trying for 2 days now to enter the code I received. I am entering it correctly. I am trying again and again. I am sure, as you say, that the registration needs time to complete processing in your systems... but it is certainly not 30 minutes!

Fitbit should acknowledge this issue, and at the very least should update the website to say there are long delays (and, perhaps, not to try registering multiple times).

I have had two support sessions - one on the phone, and one via chat - and neither agent seemed to know how to deal with the issue.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer