Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

@OllieCrafoordthank you very much, you saved me

Best Answer
I can’t register. It only says that the reference number isn’t found.

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer

@skullfist 

My simple guess - their servers can't handle the traffic. I admit thats no excuse. Just trying to understand the issue. But to be honest I would not apply purpose. Stay patient and keep on trying guys. Good luck!!

Best Answer

I’m awaiting my new device however the straps aren’t in the order but and no update as to when they will or if they will be dispatched. Also no info about getting the premium free for a year. Can you help?

Best Answer

Same. My codes do not work and customer service have not been helpful. Just say keep trying!

Best Answer

I did mine on Thursday, got that same screen (and so did my son). It’s now Monday night and our fitbits are still syncing and no e-mail confirmation yet. We do still have 3 more days left before I erupt over this shambles. If monty python ever regroup they could come here for material for a new series! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. The code hasn't worked for 1.5 days. I've probably tried it about 100 times at all possible times.
I'm from Germany, the language was always set to German, the emails are also in German. Support says just keep trying.

Best Answer

I registered my ionic last Thursday, you have disconnected the ionic but I have received no email with a code to enable

me to purchase a replacement.  I keep being fobbed off with no explanation 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I registered OK and received an email with a Registration Reference Number.  

The next step requires you to go to a Fitbit site via a link to verify your Fitbit Account which requires you to enter the Registration Reference Number.

The Fitbit Account Verification doesn't accept the Registration Reference Number - not in their system.

Message suggested waiting 30 minutes.  I have kept trying now for 2 days and it still is not working.

I was able to contact Fitbit Support yesterday morning via their Live Chat service. That path works - so try this.

The Service Agent logged a problem report and gave me a Case Number and said I would receive an email response.

I haven't received a response yet.

Fitbit_7 Mar 2022.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't just try the same code, register again and try new code if it does
not work within say a 4 hour window register again and try the new code
given.
My 3rd attempt worked within 10minutes of getting the code.
Support just reading from a script and tell you to wait 24 hours.
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI i have the same problem, I cant pair my device with my account so i cant progress with the refund as pairing my device is part of it, could you please help?

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem. My second Ionic failed in December 2021 as well.  I feel that software upgrades most likely caused issues with the battery energy management function on the watch which led to the failures on the two Ionic watches I owned.  Luckily I still have my Ionic and I am in the process of the recall.  Fingers crossed. 

By the way, how have you found the Fitbit Sense watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I registered OK and received an email with a Registration Reference Number.  

The next step requires you to go to a Fitbit site via a link to verify your Fitbit Account which requires you to enter the Registration Reference Number.

The Fitbit Account Verification doesn't accept the Registration Reference Number - not in their system.

Message suggested waiting 30 minutes.  I have kept trying now for 2 days and it still is not working.

I was able to contact Fitbit Support yesterday morning via their Live Chat service. That path works - so try this.

The Service Agent logged a problem report and gave me a Case Number and said I would receive an email response.

I haven't received a response yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/devicediscount?language=en_US

Try this link. It was sent to me and it worked for my reference number as it has a step 4 it then sent out the email with the discount.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I tried to speak to a chat bot person and they just said to keep trying 🤦

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the discount code is missing. I’m in Canada and your customers service was not sure if canadian user are eligible to this 40% discount.

Can you help with this concern?

Best regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, I too tryed a "few" times.
But now the app on my android does not " see " my Ionic anymore so I assume
that I am now on the waiting list for that Visa debit mail
Will I buy an other Fitbit watch, that depends on how this huge well
financed Google mob follows through..Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting "Reference Code not found." its sooooo annoying. The chat support gentleman just said keep trying later.

I mean seriously, ok fine we appreciate that youre recalling this thing and are concerned with our safety, but you know what watch im wearing, you know my email, you know its affected..... why in the world do I have to go through this annoying process that doesnt work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I am struggling. I a.m trying to get a refund on my ionic. I did the registration but I cannot seem to get the rego number to work. I have tried to call support but get cut off repeatedly. Getting frustrated as I can't seem to find out any answers. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anybody in the UK / Ireland gone ahead and bought items with the discount. Did it take long to arrive? 

Best Answer