Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Ionic or time to move away from Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, I've been a Fitbit user for many years and currently have the Charge 2 as it links to my Insurance provider to gain me lots of benefits based on steps, heart rate etc. Within this insurance policy I can get the AW3 for £29 or 40% of any Garmin watch but I don't fancy either really as love the Fitbit App & the support when the devices goes wrong, really is top class.

However I need to upgrade and waited for the Ionic but it seems to me it was perhaps rushed out judging by many reviews both externally & on here. Key for me is fitness tracking, sleep tracking, waterproofing, battery life and music streaming (Spotify mainly).

I really like the look of the Samsung Gear Sport but it doesnt link to my insurance provider for some bizarre reason and they take the Fitbit approach of 'we are looking into many options' :(.

Is there any way do you know that Samsung can sync to the Fitbit app so I can continue to use the excellent app or even better has anyone any confidence that the Ionic will indeed offer music streaming or a decent onboard coaching app as a minimum any time soon? I've asked them but its the standard response you all get too.

Thank you

ActiveRHR
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You got a standard response from Fitbit because that is all they will say. Asking here might get you speculation but no real information. I think my Ionic is great. The exercise tracking is better than my previous fitbits, heart rate is excellent, havent missed even one night of sleep data, and it is great to have my personal music on it. Battery life is great and it is waterproof (I swim a couple of times a week). OK thats just mine, but you have to make your own decision on what you want from a tracker/watch. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

You got a standard response from Fitbit because that is all they will say. Asking here might get you speculation but no real information. I think my Ionic is great. The exercise tracking is better than my previous fitbits, heart rate is excellent, havent missed even one night of sleep data, and it is great to have my personal music on it. Battery life is great and it is waterproof (I swim a couple of times a week). OK thats just mine, but you have to make your own decision on what you want from a tracker/watch. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm going to echo @NellyG comment. I love my Ionic and the Fitbit community. I'd encourage you to stick with Fitbit and join all of us already sporting out Ionics. 🙂 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer