Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallet Error (My Fitbit is in an unstable state)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I accidentally swiped out of my Fitbit app during the initial setup when the firmware was updating. I restarted the process but when done I could not set up the wallet. The error is, “your Fitbit device is in an unstable state, please reboot and try again. I’ve rebooted, factory reset from the buttons (3 times) and once from the settings, about, factory reset (once). Every time it says “data not cleared, try again”. That is a 45 min process each time and I’m getting tired of it. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You need more than just oressingbtge three buttons to do a factory reset on the ionic.

My thinking would be to first try sertisethe ionic up as a replacement for the ionic that is attached to your Fitbit account.

If that doesn't work, go to settings, help, factory reset. 

Best Answer

Thanks. However I’ve already done the factory reset through the settings on the watch. I did just try to do the setup as a repalcement, but that didn’t work either. So apparently I am SOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt your ionic is outside of the warranty period and suggest contacting fitbit.

Link is also found under the help link below, under help through the app, and in the above right side out menu. 

Not knowing what device I'd being used to setup the ionic, or at what step the setup process fails, I'm afraid I will not be of much help.

Best Answer