Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic says unlock with your phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my watch in my pocket and I guess the password got entered to many times wrong. Now I'm locked out.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

More detail.

Understand the frustration @Gabecarr99, once PIN is activated it will have to be entered once a day, helps you not forgetting it I suppose. Truth is, if you aren't using the pay feature it isn't really necessary.

Reset or change the PIN code for your watch in the Fitbit app:

1. On Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to change your PIN code.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

More detail.

Understand the frustration @Gabecarr99, once PIN is activated it will have to be entered once a day, helps you not forgetting it I suppose. Truth is, if you aren't using the pay feature it isn't really necessary.

Reset or change the PIN code for your watch in the Fitbit app:

1. On Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to change your PIN code.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Was locked out of my ionic this morning, i did the reset on my iphone 6 but kept comming up with an error. Realised that the first pin it is asking you to enter is your Phone Pin, not the watch pin. Once i entered the phone pin it allowed me to reset the watch with no issues. This may catch people out if they have a different phone / watch pin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi wmchapman,

I did what you said to do and after it finished configuring tracker it then cane up with change pin failed. 

i have also restarted my watch and unless anyone can help I’ll have to remove the device and reinstall which I don’t particularly want to do. If I do will I lose any info?

Cheers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

unfortunately this option does not work for me.  I have tried the Change PIN Code option under the Device Lock screen and I continue to receive the error "Error connecting to Ionic" on every attempt, even through the phone and the device has just completed a sync.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem did you end up having to remove the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did remove and re-add the device but it was only when I removed all the cards from the FitBit wallet that I was finally able to use the Change PIN feature successfully.

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggestions listed, but nothing is working! I think there is a problem with the software

Best Answer

Not working for me either 

on holidays and wanting to use fit pay and now it’s locked me out

getting over this device very quickly

is it time to get a refund ??

Best Answer

Won’t even let me log in to fit pay

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I though I was going to have to delete my fitbit and reinstall. You saved me time. All I had to do was follow your instructions and Click on my wallet and enter my code on my phone and the message: unlock with your phone disappeared.

Best Answer

Mate, same this is happening to me. Now running late for work since I thought it would be a simple fix at home. Did you ever get yours sorted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been working on this off and on all day...since 5 am - so 6.5 hours....I cannot get my phone to connect and keep getting the error "error connecting to ionic" - I am locked out and NOT having fun today. Can someone from support or a successful user let me know how to get past this "unlock with your phone" message?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update from my experience with the watch locking issue. FitBit thankfully released an updated windows phone version of the app a couple of weeks ago which included the FitBit Pay feature. The app detected my phone was locked and asked for a new pin. couple of seconds later my watch was unlocked. I couldn't get this same process to work with my wife's android. kept coming up with an error. try a different phone if possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything still not working 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180420-114030_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20180420-114045_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20180420-114054_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20180420-114104_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20180420-114119_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

It was a while ago now that I had this problem and what I didn’t get from reading advice on here was that I actually had to open Fitbit on my PC and do the tips there. I’m not having much luck myself and therefor do not have a PC at the moment so all I can do is direct you to open ionic on the PC and go from there. 

I hope this helps a bit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, to fix i had to log-in on a pc and delete my card added to my wallet. Problem was fixed

Best Answer

Fitbit company should look at it. So frustrating. All problems i had. Fitbit asked me to reset again. It took 12 hours to reset.... please do something about it. Even I am sick of looking up this community for hopeless answer. 

Wasting my time.. can I sen you a bill of my hours?? 

Best Answer

My fitbit is locked and says to unlock with my phone. Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes