Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather App doesn't show data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Weather App doesnt refresh/or show data and most of the time tells me to sync with fitbit mobile app to get the details. I tried enabling always sync-on, but still doesn't work.

Also, how can I change the weather units from F to C?

Anyone else facing this issue or has any resolution?

Cheers,

Rahul

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The F and C selection is directly related to the Miles/Kilometers selection for distance for some reason.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I’m having similar issues. My weather app doesn’t seem to update until I open my Fitbit app on my phone and sync it. This makes the Weather app kind of useless. 

Best Answer

The F and C selection is directly related to the Miles/Kilometers selection for distance for some reason.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Best Answer

Thanks. Works like charm. But that is strange to be inter-connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RahulBirla82 wrote:

Thanks. Works like charm. But that is strange to be inter-connected.

Yes. Somewhat inconvenient too.

Mike | London, UK

Best Answer

I have the same issue of having to open my phone and sync the app. Really useless and starting to see that there isn't as many smart features I was thinking I was getting.

Best Answer

I can’t get my weather to update even after I sync my phone. It was working last week.

Best Answer

Ok so how do I fix it 

Best Answer

What worked?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned mine to Best Buy. For the premium price you pay at least half of the smart watch features should work, I also couldn't get my Capitol One card on to FitPay to work when it says it works for my bank. I love the design and when the watch comes around to matching the smart features of every other watch out there I would consider repurchasing. For now Samsung just came out with the gear sport, the Garmin 235 is a great option if you do alot of running, then there is of course the Apple Watch. Good luck. 

Best Answer

@tmarion11 wrote:

I have the same issue of having to open my phone and sync the app.

Me too - however it seems even worse here as it only shows data after a sync periodically:

I sync'ed my Ionic twice with the phone app to get data in the weather app yesterday, however, even after 5 or so attempts today it still shows "--" 😞

I may as well just use the weather app on my phone!!

captain_caveman2k | UK
Ionic (Retired: Charge HR, Returned: Microsoft Band II)
Alienware 15 R2 (Windows 10), Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile), Xbox One S
Best Answer

I have the exact same issue,  Every time I look at the weather on my fitbit, it tells me I have to sync with my app.  If I have to go to my phone anyway.......

Best Answer
I had to reset the locations in my Fitbit app & then restart the app & the my Fitbit. I called customer service to get directions so I don’t remember the order.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try an older weather app. get a piece of string, and thumb tack and a piece of wood. Attach string to wood with thumb tack and stand the wood outside. If the String is dry, the weather is fine, if the string is wet then it is raining, if the string is moving it is windy. If the string is gone it's a bloody hurricane so get indoors 🙂

Sorry couldn't resist, forgive me.

Best Answer
Bahahaha!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
That worked. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to my last message I have some more information... The Weather app never seems to show data correctly when I'm at home 😞

It either shows "--" and the correct location or it shows data for my last known location even though I have forced GPS on the Ionic (by going into Exercise -> Run and waiting for Connected) and on my phone (but launching the Microsoft Maps app and verifying the location).

I spent New Year with friends last night (about 45 miles away) and tested it a little more whilst I was there, and even though I didn't have Wi-Fi connectivity on my Ionic, the Weather app worked as expected.

So in summary:

Home:   Ionic set up for Wi-Fi, Phone has Wi-Fi, can't get Weather data.

Work:    Ionic set up for Wi-Fi, Phone has Wi-Fi, works as expected.

Friends: Ionic not set up for Wi-Fi, Phone has Wi-Fi, works as expected.

I am at a real loss as to why it won't work at home 😞

captain_caveman2k | UK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does GPS work at your home? 

I have same issue, and the cause is due to house roof, gps signal is weak/improper and ionic weather app doesnt update. While the moment I step out of house, it works all fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to yep. I got "Connected" from the Exercise App whilst in the house.

… and if I go for a run then both the Fitbit phone App and Strava Dashboard seem to show my run accurately.

I've just been outside to test again, waited for the Ionic to get GPS and ensured my phone was showing my location correctly and yet the Weather app still shows the last "successful" location - 45 miles away from about 4 hours ago 😞

captain_caveman2k | UK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you want to adjust your weather app settings in the windows phone app? I do not need a fitbit application to close when I want to add a city.Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes