Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @arms1 and @Bdg88! If you've tried what @Mister.J suggested, I'd appreciate if you can verify if your Versa is already running OS 2.2 (32.32.12.24) or if you have Ionic, verify it's running OS 2.2 (27.32.12.24), and Charge 3 should be on (1.44.33)? If so, try doing the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Let me know if this does the trick! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

Hey there @Rob5496, it's great to see you around the forums! The temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen when viewing the Weather app to see a forecast for the next few days. Woman Very Happy

I'll be around if you need further help! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hey there @Rob5496, it's great to see you around the forums! The temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen when viewing the Weather app to see a forecast for the next few days. Woman Very Happy

The problem is, in the UK we use Miles to measure distance, but we use Celsius to measure temperature. So using the selected distance unit to determine the temperature value is of no use here. I know fitbit know of this problem as it's been highlighted in the past, all we need is the option to select the units independently. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
It would surly be a simple thing to add to an update

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

@MarreFitbit wrote:

The problem is, in the UK we use Miles to measure distance, but we use Celsius to measure temperature. So using the selected distance unit to determine the temperature value is of no use here. I know fitbit know of this problem as it's been highlighted in the past, all we need is the option to select the units independently. 

Although it is not an issue in the US, the UK is a pretty big market and I agree that it makes sense to be able to select the units independently.  I was going to make a crack about being lucky to live in Baltimore, Maryland instead of Baltimore, County Cork, until I realized County Cork is not in the UK, and that Ireland uses kilometers ... 

I guess if I were in the UK and had to choose, I would default to the set-up of the local temperature scale.  Celsius is a real mystery, other than freezing = zero, if you live in a fahrienheit world, and vice versa, but I can do a rough miles/kilometers conversion in my head.     

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I changed my units to metric but still have temperature in Fahrenheit. I live in Canada and we use Celsius 

Best Answer

@Pansy61 wrote:

I changed my units to metric but still have temperature in Fahrenheit. I live in Canada and we use Celsius 

Have you synced the app and Ionic after changing the settings?

Best Answer

Fitbit, please give us the option to use both miles and Celsius.....

Best Answer

In this day and age of technology you should have the option to choose miles and Celsius together,

just bought this watch, and it's very much aimed at the American market, ie apps and settings I thought Fitbit was a global market 🤔

Best Answer

Well that's no good. Many in UK want imperial lengths (miles) but Celsius temps. Many other apps can handle, why mot yours?

Best Answer

I have downloaded an app that you can manually change the temperature to Celsius without switching the distance to km.  It's called WeatherCast by Chris Spooner. It's a shame Fitbit haven't done anything on their default weather app for us UK customers. 

Best Answer

Completely agree, I have no idea what Fahrenheit temperatures are neither km, I use miles and Celsius!

Best Answer

Thank you I'll take a look👍

Best Answer

Fitbit, please give us the option to use both miles and Celsius for UK customers!

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for providing that interesting information about units used in the UK.

I totally understand, I think having a separated option to change this is a great idea. I was making some research in the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find the following:

Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment there to show support. The more votes and comments, the better! 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

I am in the US and my temperature is being recorded in Celsius????? I dont see anything in account settings in the updated app to fix this????

Best Answer

Hey there @Cathydsrna, thanks for stopping by! Man Very Happy On your Fitbit app try doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Units.
  4. Choose the type of units you want to use for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims.

Don't forget what I mentioned above, the temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As has been said over and over, setting temperatures by reference to the length unit is highly illogical. We have had posts from UK and Canadian users pointing out that the use metric temperature settings (°C) yet imperial length settings miles and feet), is common in those countries.  This has been stated for at least a year, but with no response or action by Fitbit.
Barry Oakley (beo@stepup.co.uk)Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Bazza245! Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. Woman Very Happy

Also, I'd like to share here that this option is being built and should be released in the next OS update for Fitbit Ionic and Versa. Please follow-up on this by checking this feature suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did what you mentioned but the units are staying in Fahrenheit, is there something else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes