Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weights/workout/kickboxing show up like walking (distance and no kcal) in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there! Smiley Very Happy

I've got a few questions.

I recently purchased the Fitbit Ionic (before I had the Fitbit Blaze). Since I'm using it, my workouts and weights show up different. As you can see on the left, it shows a distance and it doesn't show my calories burned (it does when I click on it). On the right you see how it used to be. 

My Fitbit is up to date and I've tried logging in and out, but it won't change. How can I fix this?

How it's nowHow it's nowHow it wasHow it was

Secondly, today I went swimming and tracked it for the very first time (I was so excited for this! ). I noticed that it didn't show my heartrate. While swimming I did notice the green flashing lights so it wasn't that it was off or anything. In the app it doesn't say my heartrate too. Is this normal? Will it be able to track my heart rate too?

And finally, will there be a Dutch food database soon? I now have a lot of custom foods that I added, but I really wish it would be a little bit easier. I don't really want to download a different app for my food tracking since one thing I love about the Fitbit app is that you have everything in óne single app. 

So that is all for today haha,
Thanks in advance. 

Laura

You're not a failure when you fail, you're a failure when you quit.
Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

how did you get the App to store the Kickboxing results? I just completed my 45 minute kickboxing class and it shows up as Aerobic Activity.. morever it just counted it as 78% Fatburn and i would have assumed it to be higher as i was a high intensity workout!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

If you click the Icon of your watch in the App, scroll down to "Exercise shortcuts". Click on that, in that menu you can add and/or change the shortcuts on your watch. It holds up to 7 shortcuts, so if you already have 7, you have to delete one in order to add the kickboxing one. 

After you've added and synced the app, it will show under the tab "exercise" on your watch. Just click it right before you start and you're ready to go! 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi @Nosspf

As to your second question-- it's designed that way. While waterproof and able to track swims, it doesn't get any heart rate information at that time. Just the way it is 😞

As to the food database, there have been a number of requests for non-US foods. Not sure where Fitbit is on implementing them. If you search "food database" in the Feature Suggestion board, there may be updates on the situation. You could also try MyFitnessPal, which syncs to Fitbit and has a more robust food tracking. They may have your foods there?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@gri1981 wrote:

how did you get the App to store the Kickboxing results? I just completed my 45 minute kickboxing class and it shows up as Aerobic Activity.. morever it just counted it as 78% Fatburn and i would have assumed it to be higher as i was a high intensity workout!

@gri1981 sounds like a HR accuracy issue. Did you get HR graph for the activity, and can post?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

not sure how it did measure it..heres the aerobic activity snapshot.. it sure was helluva workout..so i dont know why the difference in fat burning report 

Best Answer
0 Votes

aerobic activity 5th october.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks , will try it out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also seeing my 'Weight' workouts getting tracked by distance instead of duration with the kcal showing nothing. I can see how many calories I burned if I click on the workout afterward as well as the time but I was wondering why this change occurred and if there's a fix. Thanks!

@Nosspf wrote:

Hi there! Smiley Very Happy

I've got a few questions.

I recently purchased the Fitbit Ionic (before I had the Fitbit Blaze). Since I'm using it, my workouts and weights show up different. As you can see on the left, it shows a distance and it doesn't show my calories burned (it does when I click on it). On the right you see how it used to be. 

My Fitbit is up to date and I've tried logging in and out, but it won't change. How can I fix this?

How it's nowHow it's nowHow it wasHow it was

Secondly, today I went swimming and tracked it for the very first time (I was so excited for this! ). I noticed that it didn't show my heartrate. While swimming I did notice the green flashing lights so it wasn't that it was off or anything. In the app it doesn't say my heartrate too. Is this normal? Will it be able to track my heart rate too?

And finally, will there be a Dutch food database soon? I now have a lot of custom foods that I added, but I really wish it would be a little bit easier. I don't really want to download a different app for my food tracking since one thing I love about the Fitbit app is that you have everything in óne single app. 

So that is all for today haha,
Thanks in advance. 

Laura

Best Answer

Hey everyone!

I've had this problem for over a year now and I did make a topic on it before but I haven't found a solution yet.

When I had my fitbit blaze my weights or other workouts showed differently. I could see the kcal and duration. But the biggest problem is that it doesn't dhow the kcals burned. 

(It wont sync with myfitnesspal if it doens't shows the kcal there) 

How do I fix this?

Screenshot_20181109-150007_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not showing calories in this view in the app is known bug that's been there for over a year. It's unlikely it's going to be ever fixed in my opinion. If not addressed for over a year, why would it be addressed now? Fitbit way of doing things.

Best Answer
0 Votes