Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you doing w/ your old fitness watch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I get my new watch tomorrow. I currently have a charge 2. There are so many already for sale on eBay I don’t think it would sell. Any ideas on what to do apart from give it away? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Keep it as a backup.

Best Answer

I keep most of my old devices, I currently have a Charge HR and a couple of Blaze's, I gave my Surge away. I will keep one Blaze to supplement my Ionic and give another away. The plan is to use my Blaze for sleep tracking and turn the Ionic off at night, hopefully I can then squeeze slightly more days between charges. This should also minimise the risk of any night time damage to the Ionic. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my blaze i going to a great new home with a girl i work with. she currently has the 1st charge HR so she will really love the blaze as much i think i will love the ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can always keep the old fitbit.  As long as they are different models, you can link multiple fitbits to your account and switch throughout the day.  Why would you do that?  Well, you might want to switch while charging your Ionic, or maybe you want the less bulky CH2 while at work and the Ionic while doing workouts, or ...

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

...or even if you have another stylish watch that isn't a fitness tracker and want to wear something less noticeable on the other wrist, or doing an activity you want to track but it's a rough one and you don't want to risk scratching/damaging the ionic....always good to have a backup!

Best Answer

I have lots of extra bands for my blaze, so straight to eBay.  Even 50-75$ is better than it collecting dust. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sold my blaze for 100 bucks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am keeping my Blaze just in case the Ionic looks too big on my wrist for “dressier” occasions. I have some nice leather and thin bands for the Blaze that keep it from looking too sporty or casual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm giving mine to a friend. 

Best Answer

I'll probably just give my Surge to a friend or family member.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep it as a backup. ebay or swap group

Best Answer

My mom started a new gym program so I gave my Blaze to her and bought an Alta (I actually bought the Alta for her and she said it was too small to see, so I gave her my Blaze).  I saw this was released like the week after I bought the Alta, so I took it back for a refund.  I didn't really like it anyway. I'm currently fitbitless. I have an iHealth band I've been using as a backup, but I really don't like it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I referee soccer and most refs wear two watches but I normally do not. I will now use my old Surge to track the actual game time and my Ionic to track the entire time I am on the field including stoppage and extra time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still have an apple watch series 0 and a fitbit one.  I'll probably keep the one around as a backup to wear in rough circumstances.  The AW is probably going to be sold.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave my Blaze to the wife so she can track her sleep and we can have a little fun with 'who got the most steps/sleep'.

Best Answer
0 Votes