Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with the soap if your shower with Fitbit Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The care page says don’t use hand soap or dish soap to clean the Ionic. I’ve also read it’s ok to shower and do dishes while wearing it. How can you do either without soap getting on the device. 

Thank you,

Michael

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you around the forums @SunsetRunner!  You're right about our Fitbit pages say, however, we don't recommend using hand soap, body soap, dish soap, hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes or household cleaners which could get trapped beneath the band if you clean your tracker with those hygiene supplies.

On the other hand, if you swim with your Ionic, it doesn't have any contact with soap, just water which is fine since your Fitbit tracker is water-resistant up to 50 meters. 

However what makes the little difference here with the shower is that you're not focus on cleaning your band so the soap/shampoo is not getting into your tracker as it would if you clean it with that, just with enough water it will go away. Even though your tracker is swim/water-proof, it’s important to thoroughly dry your band and tracker, and remove any debris from your device after wear in the water. 

Hope this clarifies your inquiry! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's nice to see you around the forums @SunsetRunner!  You're right about our Fitbit pages say, however, we don't recommend using hand soap, body soap, dish soap, hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes or household cleaners which could get trapped beneath the band if you clean your tracker with those hygiene supplies.

On the other hand, if you swim with your Ionic, it doesn't have any contact with soap, just water which is fine since your Fitbit tracker is water-resistant up to 50 meters. 

However what makes the little difference here with the shower is that you're not focus on cleaning your band so the soap/shampoo is not getting into your tracker as it would if you clean it with that, just with enough water it will go away. Even though your tracker is swim/water-proof, it’s important to thoroughly dry your band and tracker, and remove any debris from your device after wear in the water. 

Hope this clarifies your inquiry! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
It does. Thank you very much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @SunsetRunner! Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear it did. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping my friend, see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does! Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry about the extra reply! Ha!! I’m new here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got dish soap on my Fitbit but washed it off with water and it seemed fine. About 30 minutes later it began turned on without me touching buttons, pulling the notification screen down without me touching it... what can I do to clean out the dish soap so it functions properly again?

Best Answer