Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to fitbit support recently? Do they monitor these forums?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Super disappointed Ionic owner

My Ionic died (will not turn on, even going through all of the tech's troubleshooting steps numerous times) several weeks ago in the middle of the firmware update and after several hours on phone, chat, and email (not recommended as there was a gap of 6-7 days between emails!) I have yet to receive anything close to a satisfactory resolution.

I have been a loyal fitbit customer since nearly the beginning and up to now have always received superb customer support from them. 

My recent experience has left me with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth.

This is my second Ionic, the first was replaced under warranty for the same issue.  I understand that my product is out of warranty and I am not expecting a free replacement, but when one spends nearly $300 dollars for a watch, they would expect the company to stand behind their product better.  A 25% coupon to go towards a replacement seems like a slap in the face especially when it only brings it down to their website current sale price or the same price that I could drive over to WalMart and buy a new one for!

I really loved fitbit in the past, but I feel that if this attitude of "this is the best we can do" is normal now, it may be time to move on.

Is this the norm now, or have I just had the bad luck of of getting "help" that just doesn't seem to care about loyal customers any more?

What has happened to them recently?

Have any of you had better luck?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm with you and judging by all the posts in the forum there are many unhappy Ionic owners.  I have had nothing but trouble since the update before the latest one.  Screen unresponsive and/or cycling through screens on its own.  Then did a factory reset with send to have caused the battery to lose life.  Now?  Stuck in a reboot loop.  The customer service is unacceptable.  I've been a loyal customer since January 2011.  I used to love Fitbit

Best Answer

I was going to "upgrade" to the Versa 2 since they seem to be having fewer issues and I don't think I've ever used the GPS on my Ionic anyways.

I saw that they were on sale for $149 (Walmart's normal everyday price by the way!), so I thought I could use the 25% coupon and get one at a more reasonable though still not ideal price, but when I contacted customer service, I got the same old "we don't want you to leave Fitbit" but we don't want to do anything to encourage you to stay either.

They used to have top notch service, and up til now I was constantly recommending them whenever someone asked about my Ionic. I'm just curious about what happened causing their recent failure to take care of long time customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes