Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with Fitbit sync?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've used my Fitbit Charge 2 for about a year and was very happy with it. Of course, when the Ionic was released I wanted to have one but was held back by some reports about issues with the initial firmware. Now, about five months after the initial release I bought myself the Ionic and was very surprised that the syncing issues still exist. I never had any problems with my Charge 2, the Ionic in contrast only fully synced once after the initial setup. Now the watch still connects to the phone and shows some current data, but not everything. 

What does work:

• It obviously has a connection to the phone (Android, Oneplus 3)
  • Configuration of apps and watchfaces.
  • Current heart rate.
  • Todays steps, active minutes, calories, ... 

What does not work: 

• Above activity data isn't persistent, it only shows up for the current day but data from yesterday is lost. 
  • Heart rate history doesn't sync. 
  • Activities do not sync.
  • Battery status does not sync.

I followed all the hints in this forum which mark syncing issues as "resolved", also the help desk articles. I did a reboot, a reset, I removed and re-added the Ionic. The only thing that helps slightly is to remove the Ionic from the Fitbit app and the phone, then reconnect it. Then, the data of the current day gets synced once (yesterdays data still missing), after that the sync process seams to run but does not send persistent data any more. (Only the current data from today shows up, "Last synced" always shows the time of the first sync after setup.) 

This is so annoying, the forums are full of complains and I really don't understand how Fitbit can get along with this. Syncing the data definitely is one of the core features and they accomplished this for years, why do they fail so miserably with the Ionic? I would really get a quote from Fitbit that they acknowledge these problems and are working on it, with an ETA for an update. Otherwise I'm for sure not the only one who is starting to look elsewhere although I still prefer Fitbit as a brand and manufacturer otherwise. 

(Btw. heart rate accuracy is also worse than on the - very good - heart rate sensor of the Charge 2. The Charge 2 was on line with my chest belt, only 1-2 seconds behind. The figures from the Ionic differ in time and value from both the chest belt and the Charge 2. I hope this also will be improved in the future!)

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@fluxx I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps. 

Are you sill experiencing the same? 

I was checking the list of supported devices and the OnePlus 3 is not listed there. This might be the reason why this is happening. I also have an unsupported device and it syncs fine, but not all features will work properly. 

Regarding the history of your activities, heart rate, and general activity data... What shows when you go to previous days on the app? Could you share a screen shot of it. Also, what happens when you tap the heart rate and activities tiles? 

Also, please go to your online dashboard and let me know if this data will show there. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ive done all the fitbit trouble shooting including a factory reset and my fitbit still doesnt work correctly after using it  a few months. I get some BS response from fitbit saying   "We've received similar reports, and have escalated the issue to our engineering team. While we don't have a timeline for resolution, we will continue to investigate these discrepancies."  they dont know when or if this will be fixed. I spent 300.00 on a tracker that only worked correctly for a few months . I have been with fitbit for years and this is my last fitbit product 

Best Answer

AT @nitenurse you took the words right out of my month. For the last month my fitbit is not syncing. I did everything I'm supposed. I googled and did all the different scenarios to get my fitbit's to sync. Not to mention all my fitbit's are now breaking down on me. I've worn them for years but I think I'm going to have to find some other way of syncing my steps with all these walking programs I am in. 😞 Pretty bummed!

@nitenurse wrote:

ive done all the fitbit trouble shooting including a factory reset and my fitbit still doesnt work correctly after using it  a few months. I get some BS response from fitbit saying   "We've received similar reports, and have escalated the issue to our engineering team. While we don't have a timeline for resolution, we will continue to investigate these discrepancies."  they dont know when or if this will be fixed. I spent 300.00 on a tracker that only worked correctly for a few months . I have been with fitbit for years and this is my last fitbit product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with nitenurse. I'm looking  for a new way to track steps, no more fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes