Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Screen Set to Manual, Still Turns On on its Own

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I have my Ionic screen set to manual currently. Generally it works, but sometimes it still turns on on its own without me pushing buttons. I've noticed sometimes if you swipe up on the screen that also gets it to turn on, but generally I haven't pushed a button or touched the screen and it just decides to turn on over and over again in a row no matter how many times I click the left button. Ideas or tips?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@FrauGrimmivwrote:

So, I have my Ionic screen set to manual currently. Generally it works, but sometimes it still turns on on its own without me pushing buttons. I've noticed sometimes if you swipe up on the screen that also gets it to turn on, but generally I haven't pushed a button or touched the screen and it just decides to turn on over and over again in a row no matter how many times I click the left button. Ideas or tips?

Hi @FrauGrimmiv,

I'm assuming you're talking about the Screen Wake function, when you swipe right?

If so, I think it's working as designed. When set to Manual, it just prevents the watch from turning on when turning the wrist ("wrist flick"). Touching the screen or the buttons will still turn the display on.

What are you doing when the screen is turning on? Is your wrist moving? Or could the screen have brushed up against something?

Try performing a restart, 3 times in a row, and check again and let us know if the problem persists.

Restart Fitbit Tracker

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen can be turned on by quick view, this mode you have disabled .

By tapping a button, you say you didn't .

Or as @WavyDavey states simply touching the touch screen will ask turn the face on. 

I think this is the case @FrauGrimmiv

Best Answer
0 Votes