Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the best time to start tracking a run?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When is the best time to start tracking a run? Before you take the first step or after you are already moving?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Dweil, it's good to see you around in the Community forums. 

Thank you for your question; I've actually seen more people starting to track before the first step, especially if they are using to track the activity. The pace information should be based on the activity level registered, and the few steps you take at the beginning shouldn't create a huge impact in your stats, the results should be the same. 

I've also started to track before taking the first step, and I haven't had any problems so far. You can find some other useful tips and information in the articles listed below: 

I hope this helps.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @Dweil! I always start tracking before I start exercising, just so I don't have to deal with fidgeting with my tracker.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I agree but it starts your pace high but if you wait until you run is the watch calibrated right? As it started at a certain speed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dweil, it's good to see you around in the Community forums. 

Thank you for your question; I've actually seen more people starting to track before the first step, especially if they are using to track the activity. The pace information should be based on the activity level registered, and the few steps you take at the beginning shouldn't create a huge impact in your stats, the results should be the same. 

I've also started to track before taking the first step, and I haven't had any problems so far. You can find some other useful tips and information in the articles listed below: 

I hope this helps.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer