Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the next 'major' Fitbit OS update scheduled?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering when the next 'major' Fitbit OS update (3.0) is scheduled. What are the upcoming new features/improvements?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sfringer wrote:

I would not make that connection - just because a forum moderator is not aware of development roadmaps does not mean it's not coming. And, it may simply be that management has made it clear that moderators (and other staff) are under NDA and cannot comment.

I believe that this is an accurate statement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @luc1003,

Nobody here knows. Fitbit typically doesn't pre-announce firmware, software updates, or features.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Hopefully with #1 thing they need to fix is vibration, or lack of it.Cat Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read a rumour about them making a calendar app. I hope we get the pebble timeline.

Best Answer

@luc1003 @WavyDavey @LostANDfound @EmTe I hope you're doing well. Thanks for your interest in a new Fitbit OS version.

Currently, there is no information about a new version being released yet. Rest assured that if Fitbit releases something like this; they will let you know. They always created an official post announcing things like this, so stay tuned!

Thanks again for your interest.

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this a very strange answer... New versions of an OS with the main features are normally planned for years ahead. If there's no information within Fitbit available on a new version does that mean that a new version will not be developed?

Best Answer
Yes

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@luc1003 @LostANDfound Thanks for your replies and for sharing your thoughts about this.

No, this means that I don't have any information about that right now. Smiley Happy

As I said, whenever there are updates available; they get posted here at the forums for all of you to get them. If I find out some information; will let you know.

Thanks for your participation in the Fitbit forums.

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You don't have information? Or you cannot share the information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @luc1003, thanks for your reply and question.

As I mentioned on my post above, I don't have any information. Rest assured that if I get any; will share it with you.

In the meantime, please take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you, @SantiR, as a Fitbit moderator, don't have any information on a next version of Fitbit os, I must indeed conclude that there is no next version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not make that connection - just because a forum moderator is not aware of development roadmaps does not mean it's not coming. And, it may simply be that management has made it clear that moderators (and other staff) are under NDA and cannot comment.

Best Answer

@sfringer wrote:

I believe that this is an accurate statement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's an article talking about Fitbit OS 4.1 coming out in December.  https://venturebeat-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/venturebeat.com/2019/11/13/fitbit-os-4-1-arrives-in-d...

Best Answer
0 Votes