Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When setting an exercise it's showing me different calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If i set my ionic to say, weights or workout, it will read a much higher calorie burn than if i was to not set it to an exercise and just let it read on its own. Why is this? surely burning calories is burning calories?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

It's great to have you here @Craigjmoran! There shouldn't be any difference between tracking an activity and just letting your tracker register it. When you put your tracker into activity mode, it will show you real-time stats but it doesn't mean the data should change. 

I would like you to restart your Ionic and track an activity. What data did you look at to think that's showing you different information? How many times has it happened? 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I do crossfit , each day usually consists of a strength session (weights),  so I set it to 'weights' for that . Then a workout , which i set it to 'workout'. Most days it is pretty consistent and about 250-300 for each activity.  If I don't set it and just let it track me it is considerably different 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the details mentioned @Craigjmoran! I would like you to provide me with a screenshot of the data you're getting such as the day you're putting your Ionic in workout mode and when you're not putting it in this mode. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The calories for my workouts don't show up at all.  Even if I set the mode to weights, it lists distance  instead of calories on the summary. Will this be fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can change this on the dashboard to show what you want it to

Best Answer
0 Votes

How?  It automatically switched from time and calories on the weight workout to distance and pace when I switched from Charge 2 to Ionic.  There are no setting to change it back that I'm aware of.  See my picture below.  Monday's weights were Charge 2.  The other weights were Ionic.Image-1-5.jpg

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit@@@@ please help! I haven't seen a moderator address this yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Andagrkel and @AlaskaJoe! Thanks for the extra details and screenshot you've attached. I was checking with my team and they informed me, that's a bug that our engineers are aware of and continue working to resolve it. 

As a workaround, you can tap on the exercise to get the calories burned data. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much for responding! I appreciate you letting us know that it is officially being worked on. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

HI, was there an answer to this query? am having the same issue. I have an ionic Adidas. When I exercise and turn the option exercise and forget to turn it off after finishing my exercises suddenly when the day ends I have burned more than 3500 calories. Its like when I activate the exercise option on, it starts reading over exaggeratedly the calories....any fix for this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got rid of my Fitbit and changed to Apple Watch. I’ll never go back. Fitbit Ionic is overpriced and a fraction of functionality. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit Dear Silvia, is there an answer to this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you on the Community @Alonso1987! It's really weird that when you start the exercise option on your Ionic, it starts showing more calories than usual. I would like you to restart it and double check that all your personal information is properly entered on your Dashboard. 

If you can provide me with screenshots of days where you don't active the exercise mode on your Ionic and days where you use it, this can help me to gather more information about it. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes