Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fitbit should I purchase during military service

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay i see a lot of people are having problems with the Ionic??? So my next question before I drop any money on any Fitbit tracker is which one to get. See I’m active duty military and work out on a constant bases and eat well i just want one for every day life

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Apacherepairman   I want to add some very important information.  Depending on location and your security clearance, you might not be able to have a tracker like an Ionic or a Versa because it has wi-fi capability.  Also, active duty members are not allowed to do GPS activities in some areas of operations.  Users who use their Fitbit with Map My Run have put detailed maps on the internet, of places that are supposed to be secure.

About the wi-fi and the Bluetooth.  Civilians will look at the issue and say that the wi-fi is for updates/ transferring music and Bluetooth is for syncing.  Security experts see these as hackable devices that can threaten our security.

• My daughter is active duty -- she currently has no restrictions
  • My son-in-law is active duty -- he cannot have a wi-fi enabled device
  • My husband cannot have wi-fi and can't even wear his tracker in some buildings because of the Bluetooth
  • I am retired military -- I can wear what I want

Check with your command before buying anything.  Also, people post here because they are having issues.  Help forums are slanted -- you don't hear from satisfied customers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Apacherepairman, welcome to the community.

I would first suggest checking out the comparison page, you can take the quiz or just compare features in a chart. Decide what's important to you on the device and then you can hopefully go from there. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@Apacherepairman   I want to add some very important information.  Depending on location and your security clearance, you might not be able to have a tracker like an Ionic or a Versa because it has wi-fi capability.  Also, active duty members are not allowed to do GPS activities in some areas of operations.  Users who use their Fitbit with Map My Run have put detailed maps on the internet, of places that are supposed to be secure.

About the wi-fi and the Bluetooth.  Civilians will look at the issue and say that the wi-fi is for updates/ transferring music and Bluetooth is for syncing.  Security experts see these as hackable devices that can threaten our security.

• My daughter is active duty -- she currently has no restrictions
  • My son-in-law is active duty -- he cannot have a wi-fi enabled device
  • My husband cannot have wi-fi and can't even wear his tracker in some buildings because of the Bluetooth
  • I am retired military -- I can wear what I want

Check with your command before buying anything.  Also, people post here because they are having issues.  Help forums are slanted -- you don't hear from satisfied customers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to provide assistance, my apologies for the delay in replying. Welcome to our Fitbit Community @Apacherepairman. Nice to see you again participating @N8teGee @LZeeW, welcome back!

@Apacherepairman I'd like to let you know that each Fitbit device accommodates to your personal and specific needs, therefore, I recommend you to check our comparison page just as @N8teGee to find the Fitbit device that’s right for you. Also, the post from @LZeeW is very specific to your inquiry, therefore, take in consideration the details that was shared for your decision. If you need more information about any specific device, don't hesitate to contact me back.

@N8teGee @LZeeW Thanks for your posts and suggestions, I'm sure that the details that were shared will be really helpful for users that have the same doubts. 

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Hello, ya I wish I could be friends with some one in the military on fit bit they work out more or people who like fitbit more!

Best Answer
0 Votes