Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Ionic display run cadence?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Great, all these fancy new features, but it still can't tell me my cadence while running.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Please remove me from your trail

Best Answer
0 Votes

Profile: Subscriptions: select and select delete action

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no Cadence feature on the Ionic. Sigh.

Best Answer

@Avinash.K It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your interest in having Cadence for Fitbit Ionic.

In this case, I'd recommend voting for this Feature Suggestion which is asking for this to be implemented:

The more votes, the better. Leave a comment too to show your support for this feature. Stay tuned on that request for updates.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Now that I started running more.  I switched over to the Garmin.  I love the features when I have a workout going and all the STATs I get.  But,  I miss the fitbit accountability for everyday tracking.  I don't feel that the Garmin is a "wear all the time watch"  But, fitbit is and with these features could dominate. 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit surge, but i can tell from this thread that the ionic does not display run cadence, like the surge. What I do is convert run time into seconds (e.g. 10 minutes is 600 seconds), divide the number of steps by the number of seconds (e.g. 1800 / 600 = 3) to get steps per second, and then multiply this number by 60 to get steps per minute. Not ideal but a good way to find average cadence. Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to chime in, since this thread has ran for so long.  Still I do not see any possibility for cadence.  I get you can do the math, or the spreadsheet, if you have time for all that.  However, I just got back into running.  And it's time to trade up from my Fitbit charge 2, i have had for near 5 years.  Been a fantastic device, so I am happy with Fitbit for the most part.  I am however very interested in more data then they display.  Live tracking all I'm currently concerned with seeing is Pace, distance and heart rate.  Though, afterward, I like to look over all these other metrics that the Garmin can offer.  Furthermore, you can overlay the graphs with others metric graphs, right in the app.  I'm sitting here with a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and a Fitbit Ionic, and as far as the watch itself, I think I like Fitbit more.  However, all the raw data and how it's graphed on the Garmin is too much to ignore.  I think the "relevance" is subjective at the very least.  Where one coach may say it's not important, another may.  At the very least, for my money, I feel it's important.  It will ultimately be the deciding factor on whether I stay with Fitbit or switch to Garmin in the next couple of days, I'm sorry to say.

Best Answer

I know that this is quite old topic, but for people who likes different metrics on one graph there is Strava which can be paired with Fitbit account, so all the stats can be displayed there.

In case of real time cadence and exercise mode, there is app called Workout Genious, where you can display cadence and more other realtime stats and save your exercise to the FitBit account. Unfortunately there is no graph od cadence over time... But in general everyone can make simple calculation of average cadence, just divide number of steps (from impact tab) per total duration time (in minutes).

Best Answer
0 Votes