Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an iPad Pro work for music download?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not yet transferred music to my Ionic using the desktop App but am replacing an iMac, probably with an iPad Pro. Will the app work okay on the Pro or do I need access to a laptop/desktop? Thanks folks 👍

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to have you here @RunJulieRun! When you're downloading music to your watch, you will need a computer with a Wi-Fi connection and the Fitbit desktop app. You can choose to use Windows 10 PC, Mac or Windows 7/8 PC and Fitbit Connect. 

Currently, it won't work just with the iPad Pro. You can learn more about it by checking this article How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

An iPad pro won't work to download music. You will need to use a computer.

Best Answer

No, it will not: the music download does not work from Ipad - you will need a Desktop app.

I like a straight answer of the other user below.  I downloaded the Mac app, it has the music button (misleading), I have ITunes, and I tried all possible, creating Playlists, etc.. frustrated thinking I have a failed watch, or my steps are wrong.  Reference to some articles from the folks that work for FitBit frustrated me.  The product is deficient in this that requires the Desktop app to download the music.  Ipad will not cut for this.

Best Answer