Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will any Visa card work with Ionic and Fitbit Pay?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My bank is not listed. However, my VISA "debit" card can also be used as a "credit" card (not requiring a PIN #).

Will this work with the IONIC or does my bank still have to be listed?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lorraineg Thank so much for your interest in adding new banks to Fitbit Pay. 

I would highly recommend checking out the existing ideas found on our Feature Suggestions board to see if your bank has been included. If it has, I recommend casting a vote, which helps us with gauging interest in new banks. If not, you are welcome to add your preferred bank as a new idea! 

@Julia_G Thanks for the help! 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @lorraineg, your Visa card will need to be issued by a particpating bank, so even thought it can be used as a credit card it will not work with Fitbit Pay unless the bank is participating.

Sorry not to have better news for you...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
How soon will more banks be added? I already have a blaze and Fitbit pay was a big part of my desire to upgrade. I don’t need gps. Aside from the gps and Fitbit pay, what other features does ionic have that the Blaze doesn’t?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @lorraineg, I think Fitbit is quite keen to have as many banks as possible, so it is really a matter fir the banks how soon they are willing to support this payment method.  You might mention to your bank that you have an Ionic and you would like to use the pay option.  I think customer pressure on the banks is key.

The main difference between the Ionic and the Blaze, besides the GOS chip, is that the Ionic is a "smart watch" while Blaze is a "fitness watch" with a few smart watch features.

That means, basically, that the Ionic has the ability for developers to write apps to add features.  Music and weather are already available in addition to the wallet features and others are likely to be added.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to all that replied. I'm just not sure if I want to spend $300 just to be able to add apps....I was pretty excited about being able to pay with it. I know it stores music also but my phone is always on my person anyway. *sigh*

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lorraineg Thank so much for your interest in adding new banks to Fitbit Pay. 

I would highly recommend checking out the existing ideas found on our Feature Suggestions board to see if your bank has been included. If it has, I recommend casting a vote, which helps us with gauging interest in new banks. If not, you are welcome to add your preferred bank as a new idea! 

@Julia_G Thanks for the help! 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! The link you included is no longer valid. I am interested in getting the Employees Educational Credit Union and/or Golden One Credit Union listed. I was SO bummed to learn Fitbit does not support my banks so touchless pay is not an option for me. 

I also find this community page and figuring out how to get Fitbit's help with an issue very difficult and cumbersome in general. Do you have a link for a tutorial or any tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MichaelVictoria , here is an up to date list of currently supported banks for Fitbit pay.  Fitbit is keen to have as many banks supported as possible.  This may be something you would like to take up with your bank.

Best Answer