Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Alarm Vibration motor be bigger and felt?????

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The HR2 and Blaze were a disaster when it came to the motor doing the Alarm/notification. It was the #1 issue for "not be felt by user" with those devices. I know I have them. The Surge was really good. Will this Iconic one have a better motor or one like the one on the Surge?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm curious about this as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live chatted with Fitbit today and asked if they could compared the vibration strength to the Charge 2 & the answer was...they don't know because it's so new (I was hoping for INSIDER info but they wouldn't/couldn't share) but they figure it will be the same.  I told him I couldn't even feel my Charge 2.  He also provided the link to compare trackers but I said I doubt I would find the feature "vibration strength is so much stronger than the Charge 2 so you'll actually feel it" listed in the comparison table.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know about the vibration too silent alarm is essential for me 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I live chatted with Fitbit today and asked if they could compared the vibration strength to the Charge 2 & the answer was...they don't know because it's so new (I was hoping for INSIDER info but they wouldn't/couldn't share) but they figure it will be the same.  I told him I couldn't even feel my Charge 2.  He also provided the link to compare trackers but I said I doubt I would find the feature "vibration strength is so much stronger than the Charge 2 so you'll actually feel it" listed in the comparison table.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm following this thread too.  

Notifications are my surge were perfect.  Until it fell apart.  

The notications on the Blaze can easily be missed.  And are almost impossible to feel during a run.

If this is vibration strength is adjustable on the Ionic.... I would say they have an almost perfect set of features.  Assuming the untethered gps tracks accurately.  My Surge gps was subpar in terms of gps accuracy.  

Best Answer

According to DC Rainmaker, who did a preview of the Ionic on 28th August, the vibration is "stronger than Charge 2, ... I’ve had no moments with Ionic where I thought ‘Oh, I didn’t feel that’."

Hopefully that addresses your concerns.

Best Answer

I haven't found a Fitbit yet that can wake me, and many plug in alarm clocks also fail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HR used to be able to wake me up. And I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. My Samsung Gear Fit 2 will as well. The Blaze that I had could barely be felt when I was awake and expecting an alarm.

Best Answer

You might slip your phone into your pillow. That sometimes works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its funny, isnt it? Even the flex 2 and Alta HR wake me(which I am told have very light vibrations). I havent missed once since I first got a fitbit last christmas. I wouldnt have thought I was espe ially easy to wake either. I am NOT a morning person.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes