Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Ionic alert me of medical issues based on heart rate activity?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just read an article where a girl was wearing her Apple Watch and it alerted her to seek medical attention based on a high and irregular resting heard rate. She went to the hospital and turns out she was in the beginning stages of some kind of medical issue. I don't remember what the issue was, but the moral of the story was that the watch alerted her early and she avoided issues that she had no idea of. 

Does my Fitbit Ionic do the same thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Currently the Ionic has no alert facility should your HR exceed thresholds. That feature is a good one for the AW.

Best Answer

@MSeneschal wrote:

I just read an article where a girl was wearing her Apple Watch and it alerted her to seek medical attention based on a high and irregular resting heard rate. She went to the hospital and turns out she was in the beginning stages of some kind of medical issue. I don't remember what the issue was, but the moral of the story was that the watch alerted her early and she avoided issues that she had no idea of. 

Does my Fitbit Ionic do the same thing?

Fitbit is waiting on FDA approval for AFIB detection. Hopefully it happens soon. 

Best Answer
This product is not a medical device, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. With regard to accuracy, Fitbit has developed leading hardware and algorithms to track fitness information and is constantly improving its products to calculate measurements as accurately as possible. The accuracy of Fitbit devices is not intended to match medical devices or scientific measurement devices, but is intended to give you the best information available in a wearable activity tracker. Based on their statement I'd say that's a no.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are some sensor inactive, maybe they can do that.

Best is to ask Fitbit.

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes