Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Samsung S8 and S8+ be on the approved list for Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I pre-ordered mine last week and cannot wait to get it, but I wanted to know if the Samsung S8 and S8+ be on the approved list for Ionic? It wasn't a approved device when I got the phone on my blaze, but then I sold the blaze for a Samsung Gear S3 and now I have sold the S3 and purchased the Ionic Smiley Happy

Thank you

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

The S8 and S8+ were recently added to the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices although there continue to be some posts where people are experiencing issues with notifications.

Given the phones are now on the list it is reasonable to assume they will work with the ionic as the compatibility is more to do with how the app works with the phone rather than the fitbit.

Best Answer

I have an S8+ and I have not had any issues with my Alta HR, but I have turned off the notifications. I have the IONIC on pre-order so hoping for no issue with device compatibility Woman Frustrated 

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had some minor issues with my S8+ and Blaze. I don't use the notifications on my flex 2 so couldn't say if it works or not so I am hoping it won't be an issue.

I saw that it was on the approved list so I am thinking we will be safe now, lets hope at least

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first few days after I got my Galaxy S8+, my Blaze had some syncing issues. It took a few days for it to start syncing on its own. The Blaze is compatible with the S8, so I think Ionic will too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy Note8? 

Best Answer

@_Florida_ check it on the Compatible Devices list 

Compatible Devices List

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if it will be on the list, but I'd be careful.  I have the 8+ & Blaze somethings work some times, some things don't work at all, and battery life at times is good, others bad.  In any case, as of Wed 9-20-2017, Fitbit says this is a Samsung problem, not theirs, so we have to wait and see of Samsung puts out an update to fix it....if it really is a Samsung problem.  The issue is, it's not just a Samsung problem.  It appears that some other bluetooth 5 phones have the same issue with the Blaze.  Blaze customers seem to be stuck in the middle with no fix in site.

Best Answer

@gellenb wrote:

I don't know if it will be on the list, but I'd be careful.  I have the 8+ & Blaze somethings work some times, some things don't work at all, and battery life at times is good, others bad.  In any case, as of Wed 9-20-2017, Fitbit says this is a Samsung problem, not theirs, so we have to wait and see of Samsung puts out an update to fix it....if it really is a Samsung problem.  The issue is, it's not just a Samsung problem.  It appears that some other bluetooth 5 phones have the same issue with the Blaze.  Blaze customers seem to be stuck in the middle with no fix in site.

That seems to be par for the course....

I don't know how they expect the Ionic to work any better than any of their other trackers when it will be connecting through the same crippled app 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a Note 8. Works fine with the exception of Gmail, which won't send notifications to the Ionic. Swapped to Microsoft Outlook as the default email app and notifications work fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got mine and everything is working except for Gmail which is sporadic, otherwise everything is working with my S8 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery life is bad on mine when I notice it hasn't synced in a couple of days with my Samsung S8+.  At that point I only get maybe a day of battery life.  I have tried everything I can think of to get notifications to work, but I finally just gave up.  I would love to get the ionic because it has GPS built-in, but I am worried about it having notification issues as well.  I do not want to spend $300 and not get notifications or have to worry about making sure it syncs every day or other day so the battery won't die.  Holding off on upgrading until everybody gets this worked out with the Blaze first.  Wish I still had my Basis Peak, it was the best!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an s8 plus seems to work ok with it except gmail which i have to tick the notification box every day as it un ticks itself.doesnt work though if you use the default mail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, gmail doesn't really work for me either and others from what I see. I don't think that is a S8 issue, but more of a notification on ionic issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG

Sorry, I just saw your reply now. As of December 19, 2017, the Note8 is not on the list of compatible devices. If you are thinking Note 8.0, that is a Samsung tablet from 2013, not the latest phablet from Samsung.

Every other day, my Note8 has issues syncing my Ionic and/or Flex2. I assume this is bc it is not yet on the compatible list. Hoping it gets added soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you see full text messages on your 8+?

@ratcityrainwrote:

Got mine and everything is working except for Gmail which is sporadic, otherwise everything is working with my S8 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes