Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working as of 7/5/18 PM! Text Message Notifications NOT WORKING, NOT SOLVED!!!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the latest updates, I am not getting proper Text Notifications, I am WAY BEYOND angry and frustrated. One of the key reasons I have this fitbit is for text notifications so I can glance at them and decide if I need to answer right away.  

First thing, update over a month ago, I no longer got any text message notifications, my Message+ from my Samsung Galaxy S7 was no longer compatible, YET, it WAS before said update.  I went through several hours chatting with fitbit and calling a representative of fitbit, still no solution, they said they would have an update that would correct the issue.  

Fast forward about 3 weeks, there is an update stating that this was corrected, well, I had to switch to "Messages" instead of Message+ (Which I do not like on my phone.) and I do get "Text Message Notifications" HA, what a joke, all it says is "Messages, then the # of messages" no text, no sender, no nothing. See image below!!!  It's been this way for over two months and I am OVER it.  

I want my messages back, with sender and text or I want a replacement fitbit that does NOT have all the current updates.  I did not spend nearly $300 for this to NOT work.  Fitbit Notification Message.PNG

Jayne D. (Ionic, Galaxy S7, Windows 10 PC)
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It lools like the notification was not set right. When enabling there should be a question asking how you want to be notified. 

Options are 

Notification count

Sender name

Full body. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea where to find said settings, I've looked through my fitbit app and my phone, those are not options, however, magically, after updating the fitbit app again, I am getting correct text message notifications through Message+, not Messages. I get the sender and the whole message.  I'm happy at this point.  However, still going to be leery of any new software updates for the Ionic.

Jayne D. (Ionic, Galaxy S7, Windows 10 PC)
Best Answer
0 Votes