Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yards showing on swim data even though watch is set to metric and 25m pool

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have set my ionic to metric and need to see my swims in terms of metres. I set the pool length in metres, but when I sync and look at the stats it gives me yards. How can I get rid of yards please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

@SuzieStrider Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting this strange situation with swim units of distance. Are you still experiencing the same?

I'd recommend performing a restart on your Ionic. Also, once you change the units to meters make sure to sync your device right after to make the changes effective.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi community, firstly I finally managed to get in the pool with the Ionic and can say I love the swim tracking- it has worked perfectly for me so far.... until after the update today.

So successfully updated to 2.0 with no issues, but in the new today app I can see my swim is measured in Yards. On my IOS app it shows meters as well as in my Windows 10 app. All settings I can find in the apps and on the tracker are set to meters. 

Any ideas why the Today app is showing meters and any way to change this?

Any help appreciated.  

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I created a new thread about the issue I’ve got with the swim stats but will see if anyone here can help....

All of my units are set to meters for swimming, but since the 2.0 update the stats in the Fitbit Today app are in Yards. 

Could other her users check their stats in Fitbit today and help me report it as a bug or can anyone suggest a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I've read i another thread in the app forum that the pace per 100m and time of cue is only shown on the ionic at the moment and needs the be requested to Fitbit to have the development team look at it!
I've checked my app and It's showing both my swims from today in Metres
Have you tried changing it from yds to metres on your length of pool setting?
It may have auto set to yds and needs changing back??

Regards

Jon
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can change this on your tracker. Open your exercise app and select swim. In the top left of the window is the settings cog wheel. Make your changes there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I swam this morning after the update and my readings were in yards- which I had set. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies, I can confirm that the settings on my tracker are still set to meters. Also in advanced settings my swim unit is set to meters- I thoroughly checked all these settings before posting on here. Strangely all stats during my swim are shown on the tracker as meters and all stats on both my windows 10 app and iOS app are also showing meters. The only place I see yards is in the new Fitbit Today app after a swim is logged there. I have reset my tracker and will see what the app says after my swim tomorrow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now you’ve got me intrigued. I don’t think I can see my swim anywhere in the Fitbit today app. I see totals for the day but nothing I can identify as my swim. I worked out this evening so I see combined stats

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, so after going swimming after checking all my settings I am close to believing that this is a bug in the new Fitbit Today app for swim exercises: Fitbit Today app show ydsFitbit Today app show ydspool length set Meterspool length set MetersLaps/cues set MetersLaps/cues set Metersadvance settings stats Metersadvance settings stats MetersI want to clarify that this is Fitbit OS2.0, the new Fitbit Today App (the new swipe up one). Both my Windows app and IOS app show my stats in meters. 

If there is any setting I have missed that may be causing the Today app to show Yds please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dave I’ll be swimming tomorrow morning(us central time)  Just for the heck of it I’ll set my tracker to meters and see what I get as the result. Will let you know. I’m guessing you’re a Brit. I’m an expat living in Missouri. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  •  Hi Dave I’ll be swimming tomorrow morning(us central time)  Just for the heck of it I’ll set my tracker to meters and see what I get as the result. Will let you know. I’m guessing you’re a Brit. I’m an expat living in Missouri. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Drakermomwrote:
  •  Hi Dave I’ll be swimming tomorrow morning(us central time)  Just for the heck of it I’ll set my tracker to meters and see what I get as the result. Will let you know. I’m guessing you’re a Brit. I’m an expat living in Missouri. 

Hi Drakermom, that’ll be really cool of you to do that. Yeah I'm a Brit, born and raised in Cornwall. 

Best Answer

I discovered that there are two places in the app where the pool length has to be changed to meters. In the advanced settings/ units., which o think is what you show. And then again at the very bottom of the advanced settings, below stride length, is swim settings. I had to manually change that, even tho the units were set to meters. Don’t know if it will make a difference. Off to the pool!

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Drakermomwrote:
I discovered that there are two places in the app where the pool length has to be changed to meters. In the advanced settings/ units., which o think is what you show. And then again at the very bottom of the advanced settings, below stride length, is swim settings. I had to manually change that, even tho the units were set to meters. Don’t know if it will make a difference. Off to the pool!

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Hi Drakermom,

Thank you for directing me to that, I did miss the bottom setting as it doesn't show in my IPhone app settings, but I checked on the PC and it is set to Meters anyway. Let me know how you get on today.

Cheers, 

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davem10wrote:

Hi community, firstly I finally managed to get in the pool with the Ionic and can say I love the swim tracking- it has worked perfectly for me so far.... until after the update today.

So successfully updated to 2.0 with no issues, but in the new today app I can see my swim is measured in Yards. On my IOS app it shows meters as well as in my Windows 10 app. All settings I can find in the apps and on the tracker are set to meters. 

Any ideas why the Today app is showing meters and any way to change this?

Any help appreciated.  

Thanks

Ok so go to the fitbit.com dashboard and click your profile.I think it will have an option to change it from yards/meters.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

So go to your dashboard and click change account settings.Then scroll down to advanced settings and units.

Hope this helps!

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Supersmart, I have checked through all of my settings and all of them are set to meters. In my iPhone app and windows app the stats are in meters. Still my Fitbit Today activity summary shows my swim in yards. I think it’s a bug with the software after the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davem10 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting this strange situation on Fitbit Today.

Have you tried performing a restart on Ionic? This could help out. 

Also, if possible, could you share some screen shots? Once showing what the app is showing and the other one showing the same activity but as it is showing in the watch. That'd be helpful!

@supersmart01234 Thanks for your awesome help! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiRThanks for the advice. I have restarted the Ionic after checking all my settings, still was showing yards after my swim. Here are some screenshots:

Fitbit Today showing YardsFitbit Today showing Yards

Tracker settings set MetersTracker settings set Meters

Laps set MetersLaps set Meters

Advanced settings to MetersAdvanced settings to Meters

Here is how it shows on IOSHere is how it shows on IOS

Best Answer
0 Votes