Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yards showing on swim data even though watch is set to metric and 25m pool

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have set my ionic to metric and need to see my swims in terms of metres. I set the pool length in metres, but when I sync and look at the stats it gives me yards. How can I get rid of yards please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

So I spent time uploading all these screenshots after you asked for them @SantiR two weeks ago. Still no reply. Should I report this to someone at support, as it seems to be a bug? Or does no one really care? Tbh I don’t even care anymore. 

Best Answer
Sorry, I sorted it out myself long before you replied so didn’t check your reply. I wasn’t sure how to find the thread again. Thank you so much for your time and effort. I do appreciate it. I hope you see this because I am replying to an email.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for not replying. I did manage to sort it out myself long before you replied. My next technical problem was to find this thread again! Anyway thank you so much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SuzieStrider no worries, I am glad that you managed to find a fix for your problem. Unfortunately I still have an issue with Fitbit Today showing yards for my swimming exercises. My stats in my app are all showing meters and all settings are set to meters. The photos I uploaded were in response to @SantiR and highlights the specific issue that I have, as I thought he was going to offer some help. 

It it seems that we had slightly different issues, I had posted mine under my own thread. It appears the moderators consolidated our posts under one thread as the two threads had similar titles, this has confused the matter.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK, I have remembered what I did. I set it all to metric, but the swim remained in yards?
So from my laptop, not my phone I went to the dashboard, clicked the last icon on the top right hand side of the screen. Selected advanced settings, then swim settings and then input metres (and 25 for average pool length.

I hope this helps. Mine works fine now 😊

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SuzieStrider wrote:
OK, I have remembered what I did. I set it all to metric, but the swim remained in yards?
So from my laptop, not my phone I went to the dashboard, clicked the last icon on the top right hand side of the screen. Selected advanced settings, then swim settings and then input metres (and 25 for average pool length.

I hope this helps. Mine works fine now 😊

Thank you very much for your help. I went through the steps you suggested and double checked everything is set to meters. Just got back from a swim and the Fitbit Today app is still showing the swim in yards. 

Just to check, how are you changing the advanced settings on your laptop? (I use the Windows App) 

Also can i confirm that your Fitbit Today app shows your swim summary in Meters after a swim?

Here are the settings I changed as per your instructions: Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (1).png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davem10 I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the screen shots. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@SuzieStrider Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to hear you are back on track now. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @SantiR I’ve received an email from support. 

Best Answer
I changed it all via the website not the app. On my app, in advanced settings there is no mention of swimming, yet via the website it is listed. Been swimming today, and everything shows in metres. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hi Suzie, that is really strange as with mine it is the complete opposite, no mention of swim settings on the website, only in the Windows App!

Screenshot (3).png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get anywhere with this Dave? I see exactly the same as you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I've got exactly the same issue. Did you get the problem fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem on my new Versa.  It is showing my previous swims (recorded on a flex 2) as yards. Even though they were recorded on meters and show up as meters on the android app. Every place I can find on the app and the versa have been set to meters . Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello having same problem not just swimming,other exercises too.Stats are measured different to what I’ve inputted in app will this get sorted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also when I go for a walk it’s measured in pace not miles 

Best Answer
0 Votes