Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another syncing issue!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed that after charging my Ionic (purchased in February 2020) it quite often will no longer sync with the fitbit app on my Samsung Galaxy S7.

When attempting to sync it just doesn't find the Ionic.  I often don't notice this behaviour until the end of the day when wanting to use the app to see what I have done during the day.  0 steps is the indication it has stopped syncing yet again.

I can fix this by closing the fitbit app, then going into the android App settings, choosing the fitbit app and Force Closing.  Restarting the fitbit app then successfully syncs.

Obviously, unless the developers at fitbit are really bad, I don't believe charging the Ionic should have this affect on its ability to sync, so would welcome some feedback on why it is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Force Stopping the app is your only real option to get the device to sync.

Be aware that (in my case) if the Ionic is out of range of the phone for a while (an hour or few?) syncing can sometimes stall when both devices are again in range. I often loose connectivity of a morning as I keep my phone well away from my bedroom - so often have to Force Stop in the morning. 

*EDIT*

Just had to force stop 2-3 times to get my Ionic to sync from my phone - Last sync yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder just how many people are having this issue with the Ionic, never mind other makes of fitbit.

I didn't have this issue in the early months of owning the Ionic, so not sure what has started it, but it shows there's an issue with the fitbit app and its ability to maintain a connection with the device.

Coincidentally, an update to the Ionic became available last night and I applied it.  I haven't charged the Ionic since, so it will be interesting to see if the issue continues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately the latest ionic update doesn't appear to have resolved this issue.

Just had another situation where the fitbit would not sync with my mobile, so had to force stop the fitbit app and then it started syncing again.

Shoddy software!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@milleniumaire 

Unfortunately the latest ionic update doesn't appear to have resolved this issue.

It hasn't resolved the issue of syncing, but my automatic syncing is a little better.Whilst I still occasionally loose sync and have to force stop the app - particularly when my Ionic is out of range of my phone overnight as an example, this loss of syncing appears to be a little less.

Similarly my battery life may have improved perhaps 12 hours or so. Two small improvements. But I realise I'm perhaps in a lucky minority. As another poster said. Wait a week or two. Yes, I'm certainly not boasting. Just a little relieved - at the moment.

Just hope I don't have to do a device reset. That could be a show stopper.

😉

Best Answer
0 Votes