Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another Dead ionic :(

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

so my ionic died. I mean completely. I was wearing it and one second to another it was just gone. What I tried:

1=> all button versions, to start it up.

2=> cleaned all connection points.

3=> charging it for over a night and more and after that repeat all of the above.

No luck. it just does not get up. What am I to do?

please help

Gyuri

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update:

the watch has been replaced. it seems there is no solution to this.

thank you,

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Not all 3 buttons. Did you try this ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you,

I do restart my device frequently since the syncing is not up to scratch with this watch especially when it is away from the phone and I do know how to restart it. 

this device is completely dead and react to nothing unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me. Fitbit sent me a new watch and now I can start it but it has a lot of other problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi CaterineV,

I bought mine @ BestBuy luckily with extended warranty. I'm not sure why a $400 watch is not constructed properly. The connection to my phone (android) lost  regularly and I had to restart both the phone and the watch in order to return to normal. I have a pebble time (pebble has been bought up by fitbit) which going solid for quite a few years now.

Please fitbit if you listening an expensive watch like this should run smoothly and without any problems. reading the enormous amount of post of dead and dysfunctional ionics it probably need a serious upgrade or a recall. Please do something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

the watch has been replaced. it seems there is no solution to this.

thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had just completed a hike stopped the stopwatch and next time I check clock... DEAD. I’m done with FitBit. This happened to my last ionic 1 month post warranty! Company did send me this one. But I’m tired of losing workout data and dying watches. Done with fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic won't sync. I tried to chat online for help and there was a glitch and now I am timed out and can't chat! This watch is barely a year old and after reading all of these comments I'll probably end up tossing it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi gyurma, same exact thing happened to me. 

I just got new phone and was having issues getting my Ionic to connect so i tried a restart and low and behold - dead. Like "as a doornail"  

So for all those folks that are like "did you try to clean this, and you're restarting it wrong, ive been a Fitbit er for 6 years and restarted many many devices. So at this point, I have a very expensive piece of costume jewelry. My relationship with fitbit has been very frustrating..problem is,there just aren't any other devices that are quite the same as the ionic. Im just about at my wits end and may soon switch

Best Answer
0 Votes