Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant change watch face Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every-time i try to change my watch face it fails? this fitfit is the worst one I have had my charge 2 was better.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Mrbean Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic not completing the installation of clock faces.

Is this happening with all clock faces or just with one in specific?

How many apps do you have installed in your watch? You can only have 39 apps installed. If you have 39 apps the Fitbit App Gallery won't allow you to install anything else. To update a clock face you cannot have more than 38 apps installed!

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem and I've got nothing but defaults. Tried to change to two different watch faces and they just "install" indefinitely. I just got the ionic. Brand new. Is this a common problem?

Best Answer

this is with all watch faces, I only have about 4 apps installed.

Best Answer

@Fzavit wrote:

Ok update. I restarted the device and the new clock gave loaded up. Is a restart required every time I want to do something like this? Hope it's a one off.

No, it is not common.  I've installed multiple clock faces and never had to use a restart to complete. But I wouldn't be concerned if I had to.

Best Answer

@Fzavit Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you were experiencing with Ionic clock faces installing.

Thanks for sharing that the restart helped you out with this. It is not normal and you shouldn't have to go through that in order to get a clock face installed. Please let me know if you have experienced the same since.

@Mrbean Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. Have you tried performing a restart on Ionic already? Please try that out and let me know if this sorts this out for you. 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your awesome help! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Dear

I am having the same problem with my fitbit ionic. I don't have many watchfaces. I've already performed a factory reset. Nothing works.

Any solutions to this bug?

Update: I meant to say "I don't have many apps" instead of watchfaces.

Best regards

Jan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Jvelsl, thanks for jumping in here and for already troubleshooting this inconvenience. Nice way to go! Woman Very Happy 

As mentioned above, you can only have 39 apps installed. If you have 39 apps the Fitbit App Gallery won't allow you to install anything else. To update a clock face you cannot have more than 38 apps installed. 

Are you getting any error message when trying to download a new clock face? Is this clock face a third-party one? Have you tried restarting your Ionic by following these steps

With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. So in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear

I finally figured out that the previous owner of my watch (I bought it second hand) created a custom watchface with Fibit Studio. The only way to remove this was through Fitbit Studio (which required wifi to be set up on my watch and the developers bridge turned on). Now that I got this custom watchface removed I can easily switch different clockfaces through the fitbit app on my phone!

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jan,

Sorry for the late reply - hopefully this has been fixed for you. I had an
issue a while back with changing watch faces but I am able to now. I don't
exactly remember what I did, but I can tell you that going through the
factory reset and then re-installing the app on your phone should be done
if you haven't already done so. There have also been a couple of
significant updates on the firmware of the Ionic since I got it. Usually
you get notified when one becomes available but you might want to check -
if there's one available, do it. Right now I am on 27.33.1.30. Log into
your Fitbit account and make sure that the firmware versions match on there
and on your Ionic. If they don't match then you have some updating to do.
And make sure you do it when you're connected to Wi-Fi because it takes a
long time - be patient! You must have your Wi-Fi configured in settings
for your Ionic in the app on your phone before doing so. Lastly, not sure
what kind of phone you have - I have an Android-based phone and I really
managed to jack things up when I tried to move the FitBit app from internal
memory to the SD card (external storage). Once I reinstalled it and left
it running on internal memory things were good. Hopefully this is helpful.

Good Luck!

--
Frank Z.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I paid for a clock face and since I did I've been trying to install it. It just keeps spinning back and forth. Doesnt allow me to stop the installation or download anything else. Just stuck 

Best Answer
0 Votes