Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does ionic work for water aerobics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi all 

I am very keen in buying an ionic if i thought my water aerobic activity would be tracked and steps calculated to my normal routine and daily step count. Any advice regards this before i purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

There isn't currently a water aerobic exercise shortcut on the Ionic. The only selectable water activity right now is swimming. You could wear the Ionic during your water aerobics as its water resistant, but I'm not sure what you would log the activity as. Personally I don't think any of the current exercise categories would give you a very accurate calorie burn. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The official "swimming" workouts turn off the heart rate monitor by default because the hr readings are not accurate in the water.

Personally I used the general "workout" setting for water aerobics and it seemed to work ok.  I made sure the Ionic was quite tight.

BUT, I have also drowned/killed TWO Ionics in the water so have given up with them and got a refund for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
oh my thats not good. Hmmm it makes me wonder what shall i do.

Did they stop working straight away after the water aerobics. Although you
can read some posts and the swimmers seem happy with them. Did it awls
clock up your steps in the general workout ? id be nervous wearing them now
in water .
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll add some pictures of the data it gave me.  Some people seem to be lucky yes and to be honest I'm gutted, I absolutely LOVED the Ionic.  Thankfully I bought it from John Lewis so it was easy to get a new one and then a refund rather than having to post it back to Fitbit.

You can see that the first one died half way through the class, whereas the second one survived the class but had the same condensation appear in the sensors in the back that afternoon so I just took it back for a refund.

Workout 1.JPGWorkout 2.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes